Sign in to follow this  
Guest viking77

Moving an object while in the Object Tool UI

The ability to render area volumes was disabled before we shipped as they were causing some issues. I don't know why it wasn't removed from the tool.

I can move objects I've copied. Make sure the checkbox that locks it in position is unchecked.

Guest cwright

> We had to do this because of problems where you might>accidentally move the wrong object, so we defaulted to locking>them in place. I find this really, really annoying! After re-loading the scenery all the objects are locked, so if I need to do some major editing I have to waste time unlocking lots of objects. Is there any way of stopping this?Unfortunately there's a far more serious problem for me that makes this tool essentially unusable.When I initially create ,say, 30 buildings it all works fine. But on the next session, when I re-load the mission many of the buildings do not appear. Their boxes do appear but they are empty, so they cannot be edited. Somebody said he had seen a similar problem in an earlier release. Others have reported the same problem with this retail release. I have installed the SDK update.The same occurs when I save and re-load scenery files. The scenery files themselves are fine and when compiled all buildings appear when running FSX normally. The problem appears to be that the tool is incapable of properly loading the scenery file - a bit of a drawback for a scenery creation tool!A similar thing happens when I use COPY. If I select an object and then click COPY, all that appears is the box with no visible object.I really hope there's a fix for this. This is potentially a very useful tool but, unless this problem is fixed, it is useless for creating scenery.Many thanks.Best regards, Chris P4 3.4 Ghz, Windows XP Home, 2 Gb RAM

Guest cwright

Here's a sample xml file that illustrates the problem:http:/www.kline.demon.co.uk/test_scenery.zip(I had to put it in a zip as my browser will open the xml file directly)This file was saved by the tool and it compiles and displays correctly in normal FSX mode. But when loaded into the tool many of the buildings do not appear, apart from their boxes. It would be great if you could try it and let me know what you see....Best regards, Chris