Sign in to follow this  
Guest echoindia756

Adding Effects to Missions

Guest echoindia756

Hi, does anyone know how to add effects to missions? Thanks in advance.

Guest archtx

I'm wrestling with that one also! So that's two of us that need to know.

Guest archtx

For what it's worth, here is a snippet of XML from the Amsterdam sample. I haven't flown that mission yet, but apparently it adds lights to an ambulance. There are 5 elements: 1. A trigger that acts as an on/off switch2. An Attach Effect Action to attach the effect to an object3. An object (the ambulance itself)4. An Attach Point on the Object. (These appear to be undocumented currently, but perhaps you can find the one you need in a sample)5. The effect itself (maybe a controller)which are listed in the effects folder of FSX. Hope that helps, I'm going to try it myself. AttachEffect_Ambulancefx_EmergencyLightsattachpt_EmergencyLights_3IntroTimer3.000AmbulanceN51

Guest philthy

1. Add- - Scenery -Gen_SceneryEffect2. Add- -action - AttachEffectAction3. Then under properties of that action: - effectname = name of effect in effects folder(complete with .fx extension) - Attachpointname = attachpt_genericeffect - Objectreference = the object you added at step 1.Don't forget you will need to "trigger" the action at step 2.See how you go.

Guest echoindia756

Thanks! I'll give it a try later.

Guest archtx

Yes...I figured out also that it won't work without a trigger. Wonder why that is?

Guest echoindia756

hi, i tried this but it doesn't work? can anyone help me? Thanks

Guest philthy

Send me the xml and I'll take a lookphillstokes@bigpond.com

Guest Passero

I also want to add effect to one of my objects (smoke to a boat with perhaps fire...) but i don't know how to figure wich effect i have to use... is there some sort of overview where i can see what the effect is, and what's the filename is?

Guest philthy

Unfortunatley no - maybe a project for someone?I just used a line of 6 gen_sceneryeffect objects in a row in front of my start location and kept changing the effects attached to them. Basically I can preview 6 at a time then delete when I got what I want. A tip- place these scenery objects 50' in the air to ensure none of the effect is hidden.

Guest Passero

Perhaps you can take a screenshots and name the effects you use so we could have an overview ;)Perhaps an ideao for my site... :)