Sign in to follow this  
Guest macman4

Amazon Trek grrrr

Guest macman4

I've tried 5 times to get to the aiport after picking up the object at the "snake" ruins. I can't even make it within 15 miles of the airport. The airport is at 3700'. the highest I can get is 4700' then all heck breaks loose. How'bout a tip or two;) Also can you change the type of aircraft in the missions? Bob McDuff

Guest stewi2

All I can say is climb,climb,climb. Full throttle, feather the prop and don't forget to lean your mixture in the other engine. With that I usually arrive at the airport a couple thousand feet too high.

Guest Jozef_K

"Also can you change the type of aircraft in the missions?"There is an option on the main mission page (a little check box) which allows you to make changes, but doing so you will not earn any reward after completing the mission.Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

Guest archtx

...OR, you can just edit the flight file to the new plane you want. Obviously, it needs to be a twin and have floats. I've enjoyed the mission most with a Beech 18 on floats.

Guest dutton

It took me twice to do it. I was not ready for the 'take over' of the controls. The second time, I got in the air asap and climbed like at the best climb speed and was careful not to overcontrol the 'take over'.I was actually so high, I had to do a 360 on final and approached from the mountain side of the strip. I still had to force it onto the ground but did manage to stop about 3/4's down the runway.So it is possible.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

Guest macman4

Were is the flight file and how do i change it? I found out the problem i was having. On my flight yoke the throttle would not go 100%. I have to push F4 to get 100% throttle, that way I get enough altitude Bob

Guest archtx

Flight File is located in:FSXMissionsBackCountryAmazonAmazon.fltBe careful to copy and paste the aircraft information exactly correct. It must match the aircraft's cfg file. (suggest you do so with a copy and backup the original in case you mess up.)

>I've tried 5 times to get to the aiport after picking up the>object at the "snake" ruins. I can't even make it within 15>miles of the airport. The airport is at 3700'. the highest I>can get is 4700' then all heck breaks loose. How'bout a tip or>two;) >>Also can you change the type of aircraft in the missions?> Bob McDuffI finished this mission first attempt, after realising I wasn't going to make it to the elevated runway I turned and landed safely in the nearby river, still passed the mission that way.

Guest macman4

I can't get that to work. I went to FSXMissionsBackCountryAmazonAmazon.flt made a copy and back up. then replaced the line in the Amazon.flt file Sim=Grumman Goose G21A paint3 with thissim=DH_Dash8_100, from the aircraft .cfg of the Dash8. Is ther more a need to. When i try to run the mission in FSX i get a error of "fail to initalize DH Dash8".

Guest Jozef_K

"When i try to run the mission in FSX i get a error of "fail to initalize DH Dash8"The Dash8_100, as default in the airplanes folder, is for AI (traffic) only. You cannot fly it until you add a panel. As it is not meant to be flyable you get that error message.Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

Guest Jeroen November

Well,I didn't even get to that point yet. I never seem to have enough space to turn around my plane at the temple. How on earth do you make tight slow turns on the water in that thing???Thanks in advanceJeroen