Sign in to follow this  

Unable to verify installation media?

Hello all, I picked up my copy of FS2002 Pro today and I got this error when installing "Unable to verify installation media". Anyone know how to correct this? And for those of you that have to ask yes it is a legal copy. I do not own or believe in pirated software. Any help is greatly appreciated. Topdog

Thanks Uwe. I will do that first thing tom. I appreciate the help. I seem to have this bad luck where I always get the defective disks. LOL Topdog

That message also sometimes appears if you're using a fast (48x-52x) CD drive. In those cases, using another drive, or limiting the drive speed, usually works.Trip

Guest JonP01

I recall my FS2002 Disk # 1 was defective. It had a quite a significant scratch on it. Given that I am extremely careful in handling my disks, I believe it might have been damaged when I tried to extract it from the tight-fitting cardboard wallet. I hope MS use proper jewel cases for FS9, especially as I have heard the product is being ditributed in a tin instead of a cardboard box or DVD case.

Hi there, TopDog...I do agree with you 100%, regarding pirated software. I make back-up copies of my main CDs, but ONLY as archives. This usually only applies to programs that require that Cd(s) be inserted into drive, during loading, playing,etc.I really DISLIKE those a**holes who copy stuff and pass it along to their loser friends (who probably have other loser friends who can produce authentic-looking packaging, etc.), and sell the software. That is why we (the honest folk) have to pay such a high price, because software companies have to compensate for their losses (due to piracy). How much do you (anybody in general) think it costs to mass produce a game; a buck or two for the box/printing manual; about 50 cents worth of plastic to make the Cd? Oh, and to pay those poor souls who work very hard to design the games (even the ones that come with "bugs" already installed -- a "free bonus"). Now, let us be charged 10-20 times that much :(Oh, I almost forgot your question... sorry. Anyway, during final part of the installation process, you have just inserted Cd 3 (of 3)*. Now, here's the tricky part: Before you go into set-up, or make up a flight, etc., be sure to re-insert Cd 1 (of 3). I think that is right. It's been a while. But that is how Links2001 Golf (another MS "gem") does it; instructs to re-insert Cd 1, then a "verifying installation media" message comes up. I am not sure if it is just confirming the original CD or if it adds some kind of file to registry, etc.* If you have two CD drives (ROM & RW) make sure that you insert all the CDs (when prompted) into that same drive/device name. I have a 48x CD-ROM, but I usually use the slower 32x CD-RW, during installation. I do not know if it makes a difference how fast the data is read, but you never know.I hope that help. If I have misinformed you all ("y'all" for us Texans), I apologize... just trying to help.Good luck!Stanley