Sign in to follow this  
Guest sdaigle

Adding Scenery object in mission ... how to detach the X

Guest sdaigle

Hi guys,I am curently working on a mission and things goes well. But a thing is bugging me big time.While adding a scenery object, is there a way to detach the green X so you don't have to always carry you plane around in slew mode.Example: I want to place a log cabin on the shore of a lake 50 miles from where I will take off. I have to move my plane there, and from external views setup my scenery object.Briefly ...how to detach the X from the plane to BE FREE TO MOVE AROUND!!!!Thanks!

Guest archtx

>Hi guys,>>I am curently working on a mission and things goes well. But a>thing is bugging me big time.>>While adding a scenery object, is there a way to detach the>green X so you don't have to always carry you plane around in>slew mode.>>Example: I want to place a log cabin on the shore of a lake 50>miles from where I will take off. I have to move my plane>there, and from external views setup my scenery object.>>Briefly ...how to detach the X from the plane to BE FREE TO>MOVE AROUND!!!!>>Thanks!If you go to free flight, or if you click on "allow changes" in the mission mode, then you can move the plane in map mode. Another way in the mission tool is to click "go to object" and perhaps select something nearby to "go to". I admit, the tool is a little funky..but I'm glad to have it.

Guest sdaigle

I saw the Tutorial Movie (#2) on the fsxmission web site and the guy just pan around the landscape with the green X while editing the mission. No plane attached. He just pan freely. So he can insert object everywhere. He just didn't tell us what key he used for that.I am curently searching big time how he did it.

The "normal" mode for moving around when the tool is working is without an aircraft in view. You only have the green X and the sim is in slew. Pan up and down with the hat switch.I'm not sure why you would be in any other mode than this.