Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Possible to get rid of

Guest imemyself

Is it possible to get rid of that thing in FS2002 that makes it so the Wing-leverler is always on when the autopilot is on, because its really annoying?

For each aircraft that you want to change, go into that aircraft's aircraft.cfg file. scroll down intil you fine the section {autopilot}, except it will have square brackets. In that section, add two lines:use_no_default_pitch=1use_no_default_bank=1Save the file and run FS. That aircraft will no longer default to the wing leveler when you start the autopilot. This has to be done for each aircraft so use your cut and paste to move the lines to each aircraft.cfg file. Just dont forget to save each one before you go on.

Too broad a statement. There is a large variation in AP operation depending on manufacturer and type. Not all dual-axis AP's autolock both modes or provide no override capability. Not to mention, of course, that not AP's are dual-axis.

>Is it possible to get rid of that thing in FS2002 that makes >it so the Wing-leverler is always on when the autopilot is >on, because its really annoying? I always wonder why it "bugs" people. If I'm using the auto-pilot, I use the heading "bug" to change course. I see complaints of not being able to steer, without turning the AP off, but the heading bug works great!L.Adamson

That may be so but I am yet to come across a single example of a dual-axis A/P that would let you hand-fly in the roll axis while controlling the pitch. I am not saying such a thing does not exist - just I am not aware of it at this point. I would welcome a concrete counter example.Michael J.

Maybe I can come up with one...Isn't the CWS mode of the Boeing 737NG AFDS such a mode? Not that it is modelled in MSFS default 737 A/P or the morereal-world-like Dreamfleet 737. Cheers

Nope, CWS does not really qualify here ... ;-)Bear in mind that while in CWS pilot has full control over all aircraft movements (pitch & roll). This mode is only to allow pilots to reposition the aircraft without having to disconnect the A/P - it is to be used very briefly. Even so many airlines specifically forbid its use.Michael J.

>>I always wonder why it "bugs" people. Me too. However I believe the answer is simple - lack of understanding how to operate A/P. Michael J.

MichaelI'll take everything back and state the opposite ;-)You are right. My mind just slipped me there for a while! :-doh (early in the morning here...)CWS do indeed mean the pilot controls the pitch AND roll modes without disconnecting the A/P.Regards

Larry,Just wanted to confirm that my heading bug works great too. :-lolI't amazing how FS2K2 actually tries to force us into a bitmore reality ....:DJerryG

Guest imemyself

One of the reasons it bugs me is because I want to fly the airplane sometimes, its really boring when the a/p always does everything.

>One of the reasons it bugs me is because I want to >fly the airplane sometimes, its really boring when the a/p >always does everything. I understand - but then disconnect A/P and fly manually in all axis like real pilots do !Michael J.

Guest JeanLuc_

Well I don't know for real pilots, I'm just a student pilot, but I can assure you that the CWS mode of the 55X in the Meridian is something you quickly get used to! this is especially true when you get back to a default FS2002 aircraft :-)