Sign in to follow this  
Guest b21

Mission Creation - Rectangle Orientation

Guest b21

The Mission SDK gives the RectangleArea Orientation parameter as:"Heading, Pitch and Bank, or orientations about the three axis, in degrees." implying (xml tags simplified):RectangleArea...... Orientation.... heading, pitch, bank ../Orientation.../RectangleAreaBut I seem to have heading controlled by the LAST element of the Orientation value. Pretty darn fundamental but can anyone else confirm this?? Every mission designer must be using RectangleArea objects...

I generally didn't pay much attention to the values, I just move the box with the mouse and leave it where it looks right. I do think you are right though as others have commented on this as well.

Guest b21

yeah - I've confirmed elsewhere the third parameter is orientation around the vertical axis, i.e. heading. So the SDK docs are a bit misleading there.So you haven't faffed around with ridgelift then, where it's supposedly crucial to get the box the right way around...

Guest SkyDrift

W.r.t.:>More ramblings about Flight Simulator from behind the veil: http://blogs.technet.com/P-12C_Pilot/Just wanted to compliment you on the great blog on Mission Building Tips, P-12C(http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/articles/572336.aspx)One other troubleshooting tip that I would point out to mission creators is that their mission will load - but not start - if the user has modified a default aircraft used in their mission. This could happen, for example, if a user replaces default Boeing 737, 747 or Airbus textures with "real-world" airline textures, and changes the title line for that aircraft in its cfg file to reflect the new airline (e.g. From "Boeing 737-800 Paint4" to "Boeing 737-800 Southwest Airlines")If your mission's user-flyable aircraft Title (e.g. "Boeing 737-800 Paint4") cannot be resolved, it will generate an error message when FSX loads the briefing page. If the aircraft is used in an AI role, no error is generated. The flight (FLT file) loads, but the mission never starts. The user may thus take off & fly around for a while wondering why no directional/explanatory text or audio directions are forthcoming!The givaway of this situation is when the user exits the flight - the Free Flight end-flight UI is displayed, rather than the mission Rewards/success/failure UI.- SkyDrift