Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

HELP all my missions have gone?

All that's left is the 'Boston Skyscraper fire'.All Categories and all skills are ticked.I checked the files and they are still there but, don't show any more in the program?Can anyone advise please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest archtx

Sounds like a problem with the caterogies xml file. Have a look in your FSX Categories folder, and report back on what files you have residing there....and the dates on them.

Guest LTn

All your new files must have been spread all over in the "Missions" folder. Put them in a folder named "Boston Skyscraper Fire" and move it to "Challenges" and all your missions should turn up again.LTn

Thanks guys for your help.I deleted all references to the 'Boston Skyscraper Fire' folder and they have now returned.Must be something in that file that corrupts the others?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest rightnumberone

If I was a guessing man, I would guess that you unzipped all of the "files" of the mission into:c:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator XMissionsThe installation instructions are here:http://fsxmissions.blogspot.com/2006/12/bo...raper-fire.htmlBasically, you copy the FOLDER (not the files) into:c:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator XMissionsChallengesI hope you'll reinstall and enjoy the mission.Sorry for any confusion if the installation instructions were unclear.

Thats exactly what I did.This is your instructions.................=========================================================Unzip this file into your Flight Simulator X MissionsChallenges folderThis folder is usually located at C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator XMissionsChallenges ... assuming you used the default installation folders.)Restart Flight Simulator ... the mission won't show up until you exit and re-start the game.==================================================Maybe I read it wrong? It looked a good one too but my engine stopped shortly after reaching the first point.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest rightnumberone

Dave,If your engine is failing, you might want to think about things in the environment that could be causing your engine to fail.Most helicopter pilots, having spent half a million dollars on their shiny new Jet Ranger III's, try to fly in areas conducive to things NOT fouling their engines.;)

Your right there hahaha. Virtual helicopters are cheaper eh? hehehe.I have now got it right where it should be. The Challenges bit I didn't read properly at first and just unzipped it to 'Missions'. Evrythings okay now, thanks for your help. Now as soon as I can land the helo without crashing, I should enjoy it.Thanks for making the file. A happy New year to you, BTW whats your name?

Dave Taylor gb.png