Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

ProjectAI-UPCOMING NEW RELEASE

Guest frankcubillos

Frank Bass our General Manager has posted the following that I think you will find quite interesting!

Frank Bass posted the following in the ProjectAI forums:In case there is anyone out there who thinks we never do anything I thought I would tell you about an upcoming release of PAI files that will affect almost everything with regard to aircraft.1. We have completely upgraded all paint kits. The many of the new kits have brand new base textures that Christian Hanin has developed to help avoid "bad" paints.2. All the paint kits will include Jan Martin's new Version 4 of the FDEs. From now on, all PAI aircraft will have the same version number to avoid confusion with which version is which. Considerable work has gone into the development of these new FDEs and I think you'll find they really improve the flight dynamics of our AI aircraft.3. Most of the paint kits have new lights sections from Mike. He's put in some serious time with these. We're also considering replacing these with night textures but that will have to wait for a future release.4. One of the results of the development of the new FDEs is that each aircraft have different flight characteristics. This has resulted in a breakout of most of our aircraft. That means you will see far more paint kits than we've had before. For example, you will now see a separate folder for B738 and B738W; for B742PW/RR/GE and so forth. This multiplies the number of aircraft folders but it was necessary because of the differences in flight characteristics and to address the differences in the lights sections.5. The auto-installers will address these changes in upcoming releases. What will happen to a breakout aircraft is a new folder will be created and instructions will be provided so you can move your aircraft out of the old folder and into the new one. I don't think the impact to anyone's AI system will be great since there are not many airline packages that use such aircraft as the "W" B737s and such. Anyway it's no big deal to move your texture folders and the aircraft.cfg entries.6. In response to user suggestions all AIR files will now be standardized in the new paint kits. Each AIR file will now closely resemble the actual aircraft and instead of B737-300 and some B734 files, you'll see all B732 and B734 (examples). There are some aircraft models that cannot be done in this fashion like the A319-100. I suppose you could put A3191 but that sort of defeats the whole purpose of the new labels. Also, all aircraft will take on their "real" model numbers. For example, the PAI A330 is actually an A333 so you'll see that. This is in response to the addition of all the wide-bodied Airbus models we've just added.7. We're also bringing quite a few new paint kits into the hanger. We now have the ERJ series (135/140/145) aircraft, all the B747s, the CRJ100, the Airbus series, 4 new DC-8s, the JS-41, and a few others (DH6C, Shorts SD3-60, etc.) that have not come out of the paint kit shop yet. The new DC-9 is also coming along shortly.So, we've been very busy getting you the best AI "stuff" available anywhere. I know we haven't had an airline release in a while but I think you can see we've not been resting. We have just temporarily turned our attention in another direction and we'll be back to the "airline business" shortly.Hope you enjoy the new changes and please continue supporting PAI. Thanks.Frank BassConfucius say, "Man who fly upside down, have crack up."

HiThanks Frank you guys at PAI are doing great work and I appreciate it.Ron

Guest abent

PAI is NUMBER 1 in my books!!!!!Thanks PAI!Adam

Guest frankcubillos

The gang went all out, they have done a heck of a job, thanks for the support y'all! :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

:-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug S W E E T !!!!!!!Thanks PAI!!!

Guest Maul

Frank,I was wondering if your new and improved flight models will allow for less go arounds and shorter landing rolls? I know there was an issue in your forums about the default tdze and a new tdze by setting new scalers? Let me know please. Thanks in advance.EricWho Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I DO! :-wave

Sounds good! :-yellow1 Its great things are geling more as time goes on. I haven't had any problems so far with any of the "new" installer packages, so if the new FDE & Model updates go as smooth I'll certainly be happy. At least for a few days.. :-lol Hopefully all things with transfer nicely over to CoF(FS9). Then at least you wouldn't have to redo all the work done thus far. Maybe around FS9 release we'll finally be getting into some of the smaller regional airlines.Keep up the Great work PAI! Looking forward to some new self-installers!

Guest frankcubillos

>Frank, >>I was wondering if your new and improved flight models will >allow for less go arounds and shorter landing rolls? I know >there was an issue in your forums about the default tdze and >a new tdze by setting new scalers? Let me know please. >Thanks in advance. >>Eric >>Who Wants To Fly The Big Jets In & Out Of Chicago O'Hare...I >DO! :-wave Hi Eric,Yes those issues should be addressed! Yay :-)Appreciate the support bro! :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Guest frankcubillos

>Sounds good! :-yellow1 >>Its great things are geling more as time goes on. I haven't >had any problems so far with any of the "new" installer >packages, so if the new FDE & Model updates go as smooth >I'll certainly be happy. At least for a few days.. :-lol >>Hopefully all things with transfer nicely over to CoF(FS9). >Then at least you wouldn't have to redo all the work done >thus far. Maybe around FS9 release we'll finally be getting >into some of the smaller regional airlines. >>Keep up the Great work PAI! Looking forward to some new >self-installers! Thanks Bob, we have a TON of installers to release, but we are doing the final tweaks on them so they are all just right. With the influx of new models by various talented modelers we will also have more releases that have been waiting for models..And yes PAI WILL be COF compatible.Thanks for the support Bob, stay tuned all kinds of cool stuff coming down the pike :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>Man, you guys are awesome! I know how much time I put in to >adding AI by handI do perfectly agree with you.>I can only imagine the work that went in >for all of this!!I do perfectly agree with you.>KUDOS my friend! Again i do perfectly agree with you!Thanks a lot PAI guys, not able to fly without your AI traffic anymore...it's very addicting.cheersLuigi ;-)

Pardon me for asking, but do these changes also include Radius information for the airlines?!(or am I out of the loop and they already HAVE the radius info included)Thanks!-Greg