Sign in to follow this  

List of all FSX add on missions?

First post on Avsim.I see there is mention of some add-on missions for FSX filtering through now, I'm almost completed all the boxed, de'luxe version FSX missions and looking for more. As I understand users and third partys can make their own now, will they be of the quality of the original MS ones that use voice acting?Maybe we can have a sticky that lists good ones.In the mean time, what good missions that have been released by third party, are available? Honestly, really enjoyed the missions in box and would pay for quality ones that are similar.

Guest archtx

If you want to see a list of all the missions that have been uploaded, go to the library and do a search function for *.zip in the FSX Missions category. There are probably 10-12 of them there.

I was really looking for a sticky, or at least a list of ones that work properly and are as good "fun wise" as the stock MS ones.I've just got my fingers burned by trying the Boston Skyscraper one, lost some of my untried original expert missions by following the authors instructions to the letter! I'm not the only one it seems.Fair play to him for trying though.

Guest archtx

>I was really looking for a sticky, or at least a list of ones>that work properly and are as good "fun wise" as the stock MS>ones.I think everyone writing missions right now is still in the "learning" process, so it might be a while before you see something on a par with the default missions. Nonetheless, they are all fun, depending on where your interest lies.>I've just got my fingers burned by trying the Boston>Skyscraper one, lost some of my untried original expert>missions by following the authors instructions to the letter!>I'm not the only one it seems.I haven't tried this one yet, as I'm not too good at Helicopters, but my guess is that it didn't really delete any of your files, so it should be fixable. After installing a mission, it's not a bad idea to browse over to your Missions folder and double checking to see if everything is in the right place. This is pretty easy to do by just comparing it to the files list in one of the default missions. >>Fair play to him for trying though.Yes indeed! And I'd bet that he'd appreciate your feedback. That's the first step in de-bugging future missions.You should also try writing one yourself. It is not really that difficult. It's a little frustrating at first learning the interface, but there is a lot more help out there in the forums than when FSX first came out. It's a lot of fun, and the more that people write, it will continue to raise the bar.

Guest sjuk72

I run a website that has a list of missions, there is a downloads section, but as yet nobody has uploaded any new missions directly to the site. Links to missions can be added as and when....It's a good place to start to see who in the FSX community is flying what missions, and what missions are popular.http://www.fsxhome.com/node/35Hope this helps....

Guest SkyDrift

You might want to try the missions by Owen Graham (archTX) - I've found his install without issue. Note that his are not "save the innocent people from disaster" type missions, and do not have soundtrack voice-overs but focus more on good flying. In particular, I enjoyed his Argentine Ski Trip & Valhalla missions. His latest (Gypsies1) is good too, but this one suffers from rather sparse default MS scenery in the area it flies over (no fault of Owen, I hasten to add - keep up the good work, sir!).All are downloadable from the FSX Missions download page here on Avsim:http://library.avsim.net/index.php?CatID=f...&Go=Change+View

Guest archtx

Well Thank you, Sky, for the nice plug! Glad you enjoyed them. You are correct about the default scenery....and also the default terrain. I redid Gypsies1 during design after I had a look at some addon 76 meter mesh. Gypsies2 is still in the works because I am adding some towns and villages with EZ_Landclass.

Guest SkyDrift

You are welcome, Owen. You are right that the mesh terrain by Os

Also have a look at http:fsxmission.com .It has some great tutorials and the whole website is organized around missions and how to create them.regards, Jan

Guest archtx

>You are welcome, Owen. You are right that the mesh terrain by>Os

This Boston Mission is great with voice over & all. Unfortunately I can't contact the author to thank him for it as his e-mails keep getting kicked back to me. The Install does goof up other mission but if you just create a folder under "missions" in FXS and the manually add all the file from the zip into this new directory everything will be back to normal.Jim

Guest archtx

You should be able to contact him at FSXMission.com. I'm sure he'd enjoy hearing from you.