Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Dad

Africa Relief Mission

Guest Captain Dad

Gentlemen,Does anyone have that Africa Relief Mission figured out?I pull the DC-3 up to the tent where the Doctors are waiting and they never appear. (Lazy M.D.'s)Any other hints?(HAVE ANY OF YOU COMPLETED A MISSION BUT FAILED TO RECEIVE AN AWARD?):-spacecraft

I've completed this one and its pretty good.Has your co pilot spoken to you after you pulled up beside the tents? if not you are probably not in the exact spot to trigger the next sequence of events.Some of the missions are pretty fussy about exactly where you stop.Try slowly taxiing around the tents and stopping once in a while until you find the sweet spot, if you get to close to any ground objects, you can use pushback to avoid a collision.

Guest Captain Dad

I taxied up to the tents by the big green arrow.NothingThen I went around to the wrecked plane.Nope, no Doctors here either.Then back to the tent. After I hit the tent, the message pops up about wanting to take on extra supplies, but by then the mission is over.Bummer.These Doctors are as lazy as REAL Doctors, and they expect you to pick them up at an airstrip that is only 8nm away from the first landing!!!!! Did you see the car parked by the tent? Can't these guys drive???:-spacecraft

LOL :)Lets see, the mission is still fairly fresh in my memory, as you approach the airfield, the tents are on the right ... land and taxi back, staying on the same side of the tents, as I recall I pulled up just beside them, held the brake and the co pilot advised what to do next, guess I was lucky in finding the exact spot first time, other missions I've had to creep fwd or back until I found the sweet spot.BTW: You will need all the take off space you can to get airborne again.

Guest Captain Dad

I'll try it again, thanks.Did you try the Expert Helicopter Oil Rig Transport?As soon as you land on the helipad - KA-BOOM! The place explodes! What a mess!I got 2/3 guys back safely. The third was Toast on the Catwalk. Sorry, buddy.(Did you notice that you can not just land anywhere in FSX? Try taxiing around some time and see what happens. You will sink into a bottomless pit of Microsoft Technology.) :-spacecraft

The Oil Rig rescue mission is one of the few I haven't tried yet, going to have a go at it tonight :)