Sign in to follow this  
Guest n9zn

I must be dummer than DUMB! Can't install mission creation...

Guest n9zn

Almost 30 years in I.T. and I cannot figure out how to install the mission creation tool.I have followed all the known info about the tool install and I cannot get the "Oboect Placement Tool" screen to be found.I have been very careful to edit the dll.xml and to make sure it is in the proper folder as directed in the setup info. I did a generic install to default folders of FSX and the SDK. I have even tried putting in the explicit path to the object I want in the dll.xml file.When I run FSX there is no new tool catagory to choose from or any "Object Placement Tool" and I can not figure out where I am going wrong.After years and years of I.T. on big ole mainframes, going all the way back to IBM and BAL (basic assembler lang), this has me stumped. NO WONDER I RETIRED! I can walk circles around large mainframes but can figure out a simple install issue on a P.C.*RANT OFF* Anyone have any ideas?When I run FSX it just executes normally (as in out of the box). I see everything including the missions tab (it is registered) but no TOOL TAB or tool. Also there is no indication that any thing has launched in SIMConnect. I am not running in full screen mode so nothing is hiding from view as verified in task manager.Floks I have even formatted my drive and reinstalled Win XP Pro thinking soemthing might be wrong with the OS install.LOL, one of these days I am going to ruin my hobby by giving this darn box a boot thru the door and find another way to waste my time (i'm still laughing). Am I the only one who has found this not very well documented or am I one of the few who will admit having problems here?Monty Howard aka (N9ZN)Tampa, Florida

Have you actually launched all the way into the Sim? The Tools menu item only shows up in-game, not in the opening pre-game dialogs (which is what it sounds like you are describing above). And multiplayer is the tab that won't show up if the install isn't registered :->

Guest n9zn

Wow I replied to this several days back and for some reason it would not let me post it to the board. I think it was because I tried to put the text of the file I needed to edit to make the tab come up.Info: I had to cut out parts of the file and paste it back then I got the tab I had expected to see and I also got FSX to show the other 2 options on the tab as well. This does not make since unless there was something in the file I could not see but it worked.I am fine now. Thanks for the help.Monty