Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mach 1

FSX Tutorial 8: Transitioning to Jets

Hi all,I have a problem with the Tutorial 8 mission (Transition to Jets):After reading the Briefing, I go "flying" the mission. Well enough, I will be placed in the Cockpit of a CRJ 700 ... and that's it. No Copilot (nor other voice) is telling me what to do. Also the Pointer (U key) does not work. Somehow this mission will not start.All other missions work fine, but not No. 8.Anybody here with some suggestion or help? Thank you.Regards, ThunderBit

Guest bad_pilot

Hi, I have the exact same problem that Newbie talked about (the throttle getting out of control on the final approach in the Paris AirShow mission). I have been playing around with FSX for about 6 months now, but I have only had this particular problem on this mission. The throttles are all of a sudden at 100N1 and naturally the jet won't land. I use a Logitech Extreme3DPro. I am starting to think it's a bug. Or maybe it automatically tried to avoid a hard landing by forcing me to go around? But I doubt the latter because even after I turn around, I cannot take back control. A couple of times I have done every thing I coud while the game was going on and also during a pause (use F1 through F4, pressing Shift+4 and trying the mouse on the throttle panel, using the F9 view and using the mouse in the 3D cockpit, and moving the throtle around on the juystick) but none of them let me adjust the throttle and I eventually crashed.

(Responding to an old thread because I discovered the bug also)This is by design on this aircraft, though why it acts like this on a perfect approach (and I have tried it) is beyond me. I just tried it to confirm the problem. As you approach the runway with perhaps 500 feet remaining the auto-throttle kicks in because of an AFLOOR warning (I believe this aircraft acts like that in real life to keep accidents from happening). It is possible to get beyond this point in the mission by mapping a key to defeat auto-throttle (please don't ask me to explain that statement if you don't understand it) or by resting your mouse on the ATHR button and defeating ATHR every time it kicks on. The autopilot on this airplane is not fully functional I think, but it can be used somewhat. If you engage ATHR at all it will give you problems, or so it seems.

Hi all,I have a problem with the Tutorial 8 mission (Transition to Jets):After reading the Briefing, I go "flying" the mission. Well enough, I will be placed in the Cockpit of a CRJ 700 ... and that's it. No Copilot (nor other voice) is telling me what to do. Also the Pointer (U key) does not work. Somehow this mission will not start.All other missions work fine, but not No. 8.Anybody here with some suggestion or help? Thank you.Regards, ThunderBit

same to me. did you solved this?

To bring this more current with the "fix" I found.  I had the same problem with Mission 8 - couldn't bring the engines down to idle, couldn't fly at the requested speeds.  I noticed the cockpit throttle would not pull all the way back with the Saitek Throttle Quadrant.  F2 would bring it all back, but the moment I touched the quadrant throttle, it would jump forward.  The "fix" was pulling up the controls and giving the throttle full sensitivity instead of the default with the slider only in the middle position.  Now the full motion is there.