Sign in to follow this  
Guest andyjohnston

To Be A Mission Or Not To Be A Mission?

Guest andyjohnston

Please help me. I'm trying to get started learning to create missions. At the beginning everything goes great. Then as I add more items, all of a sudden, it's no longer recognized as being a mission!The mission will still appear in the missions list, but when I go into it, non of the actions/triggers/etc work. If I hit Esc, instead of showing me the End Mission screen, it will show me the End Flight screen. What can I be doing wrong?EDIT - with a little experimenting, it seems to happen when I add a proximity trigger. If I delete that, the mission works again.

Take a look at the mission building articles on fsinsider. There are some common bug farms described that will probably answer you questions.

Guest andyjohnston

Yes, I've had this same issue appear a few times with the little simple missions I'm building. I figured out a while ago that it meant I'd set something up wrong, but I'm stumped with one.It's an extremely simple mission (1 minute duration) and it was sort-of-working but not completely. As I played with it, somehow I killed it. There's only two triggers, two areas, two goal resolutions, etc and I've checked them and moved them up and down and all around and it still gives me the end flight screen instead of the end mission screen if I press Esc. ArrghhI don't want to start over but I may have no choice.

Guest Surfstud31

Add the following entry to your fsx.cfg file and it will tell you exactly where the error is in your mission: DEBUGReportLoadErrors=1Use brackets around DEBUG.HOWEVER, be sure to make a backup of your mission file first because after you receive the error report, your FSX will probably freeze up and you will not be able to load the mission AT ALL.After determining the exact error, take out the DEBUG line from your fsx.cfg, reload the mission, and fix the error. Voila!Hope this helps.