Sign in to follow this  
Guest andyjohnston

Need Help With Landing Area

Guest andyjohnston

I'm working on a mission where you have to land next to a downed plane in the snow, then taxi over to it. I've created an area, and associated a landing area trigger with it. I've made sure the area is tall enough so that it sticks up above and below the ground. But it never registers the landing, unless I slaw into the plane in the centre of the area. Otherwise, the trigger never fires.Any ideas what could be causing this? Or how to fix it?

Guest Gunner_CAF

Check the bottom of the box. On uneven terrain, you can have areas that dip below the bottom of the box. Try lowering the box lower below the ground level, so the entire box covers your landing area. I see you noted you lowered the box, but it is hard to see the bottom.I also found you need to land in the box. If you land outside, then roll into it, it will not trigger.I hope this helps.Gunner

Guest andyjohnston

Ah, okay. I usually do land outside and then come to a stop inside. I'll try that.

Guest Gunner_CAF

A proximity trigger may work better then area landing trigger for this. If you keep the top of the area low so it will not be triggered unless the player is on the ground.Gunner