Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Civil Air Patrol Question

Hey everyone, I have been messing with the missions as I really enjoy having the voices interacting with the flight. This has given the sim enjoyment factor a little kick. OK, I have been trying to complete the Civil Air search mission without success. As I approach leg#1 and turn to 270 degrees there are some higher peaks that must be cleared, however, if I try to fly the Maule at that altitude, the airspeed drops to the point of a stall, or close to it. I end up crashing into the mountain no matter what. I have the mixture as lean as I can for this altitude. I have tried flying at about 6,500 then trying to gain airspeed to climb over the top, but again I crash. Is there a secret to completing this mission somehow? This one has me stumped. I have flown complex aircraft without any problems for years, and here I am, and can't get this wonderful plane to fly at 7,500ft. It should be able to handle 6,000 - 8,000 ft no problem, and being the air is cold in this mission, I would assume the aircraft would be able to handle this altitude without so much trouble. Thanks for your input whoever can help out. :)

Hey Jeff,Try turning on the Pitot Heat and the Alt Air (the silver T-handle in the lower center of the panel, just above the light switches). I hope this helps.

Hi Bell417, thanks for your reply. I already had the pitot heat on , but will try the alt air, as I may have missed this. I am very impressed at how nice some of the FSX default VC's are. MS did a great job on this AC for sure. :)

Guest Funky D

Press "H" for carb heat even though there is no carb heat switched modeled in the VC (is the Maule fuel injected?) The alternate air lever didn't do anything for me, but H key worked like a charm!

Guest christian

Yes, you need to enable Alt-Air, but the switch only seems to work in the 2D panel. Alternatively, you can try to stay out of the clouds, then the icing won't build up.Christian

Guest Carlos Perea

>Press "H" for carb heat even though there is no carb heat>switched modeled in the VC (is the Maule fuel injected?) The>alternate air lever didn't do anything for me, but H key>worked like a charm!I hit the "H" key, and, oddly enough, it turned on the alt-air.I was trying it earlier today and I failed because I "couldn't find the crash site". I found it, did a low pass over it, and elected to try to land. When the observer was requesting permission to land, base replied with "Request denied, Capflight 221" (or something to that effect), and the "Mission Failed" box came up. Is this a bug or did I just take too long to find the guy?

Guest christian

Must be a bug. They do tell you not to land, but you can go ahead and do it anyway.Christian

Guest Carlos Perea

Well, I re-did the mission, and it all went great. This is definitely a mission I want to do again some day.