Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Replacing AC of choice in default missions?

Hey everyone, I posted last night on the normal FSX forums and think this post would be better here. OK, I want to fly the African Relief Mission, but instead of the DC3, I want to use the new Alphasim Pavellow 53. I found a post on another site about replacing the aircraft name in the sim section of the flight file, but no matter what I do,I either get aicraft initialization failed, and loads the tricycle ultra light, or the heli loads from the beginning of its start sequence, and then keeps trying over and over to start and the blades never start to turn. I have tried loading the default bell, which does run, then switch to the 53 and It will not start. What needs to be done to use this AC? I thought it would be easy as the Alphasim model does not use complex systems, and is modeled from one engine from what I've read. I even tried copying the engine parameters from the the bell oil rig mission, but to no avail. Your help is very much appreciated. :)

I'm not sure why the rotorblades don't come up to speed. I have had this same problem with their Merlin HC.3 when I load it in certain weather condittions but they promised me that a fix is coming sometime this June. The other aircraft I have had this problem with is Jordan Moore's Bell 412. Does the Pavelow work alright in freeflight? Does it work in wind weather (do the rotors come up to speed?) I just checked the Alphasim website on a quess and look what I found?:-eek http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174448.jpgThere is no blue "FSX Ready" star in it's thumbnail!

Hey Bell417, thanks for your reply. I did get the Pavellow to work, but only in a mission that is a heli related, not fixed wing like the african relief mission. There are some parameters other than the engine parameters in the flight file that must need to be changed. I just don't know which ones. The one thing I notice is, I load the foul weather mission and the default Bell is already running, now I change to the pavellow, it loads in a state where the engines are starting, not already running. This is why I think i had so much problem with the african relief mission that uses the DC3. Yet in the foul weather one, it does start right up. This is something I would like to dig into more, as it would be great to change up the missions so we can use any aircraft without having to start with the SDK's and such. I am willing to dig in there too if needed. :)

I think you are right about there being something other than just the engine parameters that needs to be changed. maybe if you compared one of the tutorials' file with one of the helicopter tutorials' files. The reason I suggest doing it with tutorials is because they might be simpeler.;-) Have you tried making a freeflight with wind and clouds and seeing if the rotors will come up to speed? As I mentioned before, I have their Merlin HC.3 (EH101) and whenever I try to fly it with wind, the engine will be on but the rotors never come up to speed.