Sign in to follow this  
skully

Yay! It's snowing

Guest Lobaeux4

I know for most of you guys here in the forum, you've had snow for quite a while, but down here in Arkansaw, it's really our first snow of the year. Been playing out in it a bit, it's preventing me from studying for my checkride. If this snow keeps up, I may not be able to do my check this week.Just thought I'd share a little of our winter cheer, I know it's off topic.And now..... Back to the flightsimmingLobaeux

Well, glad you are having fun. It caught a lot of people by surprise. Most drivers in AR do not know how to drive in the snow, and are dangerous to themselves, and others. Took me twice as long to get home from work tonight -- at times it was snow squall conditions -- and it was because of all the dangerously slooooow drivers.What part of AR? (I'm just out of Maumelle.)-Basil

Guest Lobaeux4

Gotta admit your right about the drivers here. I live out at the base, we've got about 4-5"'s and I'm pretty sure flying'll be cancelled today.Lobaeux

My father, 76 years old, tried to come back home (lives next door to me here just outside Maumelle) from my brother's place in Greenbrier last night. Was stuck for seven hours on I-40 between Mayflower and Morgan/Maumelle, and didn't make it home until 5:00 AM.What do you do at LRAFB? I watch the hercs fly overhead all the time.-Basil

Hey Fellow Arkies! :-lol How are things in the Rock! Good to see other simmers from hog country.Yeah this white stuff really is putting a crimp on my operations.I own a refinishing facility for farm and industrial equipment and a lot of the work needs to be performed outside if possible on the bigger equipment. We have been lucky here in Fayetteville as this is the mildest winter we've had in quite some time.Spring will be here soon! :)Skully:-wavewww.jetstarairlines.com