Sign in to follow this  
Guest fbnweoghnwd

Object Placement Tool question

Guest fbnweoghnwd

I created a static aircraft scenery object using the FS9 tools. I was able to successfully place it in FS9 using EZ Scenery. Now I want to place it into an airport in FSX, using the Object Placement Tool - then compiling it with that Abacus utility.How would I get the Object Placement Tool to find my bgl? It doesn't show up in the list, and there doesn't seem to be a way of browsing for a path to library objects.

Guest Gunner_CAF

Do you have it selected in your settings for Scenery Library? It looks to me like this is where you set the path to your new scenery files.Gunner

Guest fbnweoghnwd

It's in a folder below Addon Scenery. I went into WorldScenery Library, added it to the list, and checked it off - but Object Placement Tool can't find it.

Guest fbnweoghnwd

I was able to make it show up in FSX by copying the library and placement .bgl's from FS9 to FSX. Which, of course, is not as elegant as being able to place them directly in FSX with the object placer tool.But now there's a new problem - the textures show up black. I tried converting them to .dds, but no luck.