Sign in to follow this  
Airtrooper

Tokyo Exec Transport: Island never shows up

Okay folks, hopefully sufficient time has passed for the majority of people to realise there is a very interesting extended "secret mission" tagged on to the end of Tokyo Executive Transport. Its mentioned in other threads here, so I don't think I'm spoiling the surprise!I've chased the Challenger jet and got very close to what I think is the "end". I'm near a group of islands that forms a kind of penninsula. The Challenger suddenly vanishes and my British Agent friend says something like "I think we lost him, but keep looking around". I reckon this is when the secret island base is supposed to appear (?), but no matter how hard I search it never comes into view. I've gone far, far out to sea as well as circling all the islands and inlets.Should I persevere further, or have I done something wrong and am wasting my time?I've saved the mission twice as I got fed up, but no more than that.It happens to be my birthday today, so I'd regard any hints and pointers as a welcome birthday gift!!Many thanks everyone!

i7-8086k OC @ 5GHz, 64Gb RAM,
GTX 1080ti 11Gb GPU, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Guest j-mo

Stay as close as you can and watch for changing speed and altitude or he will lose you in those islands. It can be done, and the ending is kind of fun.

So, if I've lost him as we approach the islands (the regular, normal islands, not the secret island) does that mean I've lost all hope... or is there still a chance I might happen across the secret island if I keep looking (as the Agent suggests)?? From what the Agent is saying I'm assuming he has disappeared down the secret runway and he hasn't detected me, all I have to do is find the island?I've read some threads about the secret island, the archway/tunnel and the crazy secret runway... but first I have to find the secret island itself. That is where I'm stuck.

Guest marcdavison

>So, if I've lost him as we approach the islands (the regular,>normal islands, not the secret island) does that mean I've>lost all hope... pretty much.>or is there still a chance I might happen>across the secret island if I keep looking (as the Agent>suggests)?? From what the Agent is saying I'm assuming he has>disappeared down the secret runway and he hasn't detected me,>all I have to do is find the island?>I think he says that when you let him get to far away, stay close all the way, try and stick between 3 and 4 miles away at most.>I've read some threads about the secret island, the>archway/tunnel and the crazy secret runway... but first I have>to find the secret island itself. That is where I'm stuck.as J-Mo said, you need to try and keep pretty close (try and keep within 3 miles).Dont want to give everything away but the landing point is well out to sea and involves a longish period of flying in a straight line.Ie you start this part of the mission flying along the cost, he then turns right, drops altitude, flys over a little peninsula and then out to sea.Whilst flying out to sea you should get overtaken by an ekranoplane thingy. The secret islands are a good five to ten minutes flying from then.

Interesting....I think I'll have to re-fly the mission again, when I've got loads of time to spare!Before I started this thread I decided to search out to sea, so I flew due East for ages and ages, easily more than 10 minutes, with no sign of the island. I left like I was half way to Hawaii!!

Guest j-mo

Because of the length of this mission, you might want to save periodically. It's frustrating to sink a lot of time into it, then have to restart at the beginning if you lose him again.