Sign in to follow this  
Guest pookie

New Mission Uploaded: Lunch on Catalina Island

Guest pookie

Hello all ... I completed my first mission last night and uploaded it. It's called "Lunch on Catalina Island" and I'm eager to hear feedback about it. I know there's a little bug in it that causes FSX to crash when you go to the MISSION BRIEFING, but a work around this is to go to another mission's briefing, then BACK to the list of missions and then finally to the briefing for this mission.Anyway ... like I said, I'm looking to hear your feedback. I hope you enjoy flying it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

I was just going to post on it! I loved it!I just flew my plane out there a month ago and visited the same sites (two days in Catalina) so it brought back a lot of memories.(You can check out some picts on my blog below).I am not into stunt flying, or rescues-but your mission captured what I think 95% of Ga pilots do-make a lame excuse to fly over some great scenery to have lunch somewhere. I hope you will come out with more like these-I think the most enjoyable flying is a tour of an area you don't know.You may know this-but the Spruce Goose is in the Evergreen museum near Portland.Thanks again!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Geof,I agree 100% with you. I would love to see more like this. Great job, thanks.Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest pookie

Thanks guys for the positive feedback. I will definitely make another mission like this one. I too enjoy flying someplace just "to have lunch" ... any excuse to go flying, really. I'll try to make on in an area that I know well, either San Francisco area or in the Colorado Rockies. It'll have to wait a a month or so since I'm leaving on a business trip tomororw and won't be back until mid-November. I think I might plan the mission on paper this time and see what interesting things I can come up with.Thanks again...

Just flew the mission and enjoyed it thoroughly. Had no problems with the mission crashing. One minor problem on landing at Santa Monica, somehow having returned to the runway while searching for the Control Tower I got instructions to take off, climb and maintain etc. It was only on completing the mission that I realised I hadn't collected the passenger. No big problem. Please continue the good work - I'm sure there are lots of simmers who are going to love this sort of mission.Well done!jaje

Guest pookie

Yeah, I know why you got that message. It's because that's the message you're supposed to get after taking off again from Santa Monica with your friend. Since you circled around (for some reason), you got that message. I could've disabled that message until AFTER you pick up the friend, but it was my first mission and doing things like that get's to be too much.If you pick up the friend and land in Catalina, then you will earn the reward. If you landed in Catalina without the friend, then simply go back to Santa Monica and park near the friend. You'll get the reward both ways.Glad you enjoyed it. I'll make more missions like this one in the near future.

>Hello all ... I completed my first mission last night and>uploaded it. It's called "Lunch on Catalina Island" and I'm>eager to hear feedback about it. I know there's a little bug>in it that causes FSX to crash when you go to the MISSION>BRIEFING, but a work around this is to go to another mission's>briefing, then BACK to the list of missions and then finally>to the briefing for this mission.>>Anyway ... like I said, I'm looking to hear your feedback. I>hope you enjoy flying it as much as I enjoyed creating it.Great mission, just finished flying it and got the reward and really enjoyed this one, voice acting is great, really hope you do some more.No crash here, but when choosing the mission I get an error saying something like "no flight plan loaded, flight will be loaded without flight plan" or something like that, tried going to another mission briefing and back again as you suggest but still get this message, no problem though, was able to navigate with the mission compass.Thanks again, keep up the good work.

Guest pookie

Thanks for the feedback. This encourages me to make more missions similar to this one. I'll make sure to include the flight plan next time to get rid of that error message. This was my first mission so I was bound to screw something up.Thanks again.

Guest haraldh

This mission is great as well as the newest one: The 380 surprise!Very nice ideas. I liked the sightseeing parts too!Haraldh F.

I liked it too. Changed the C172 out for the G1000 Baron though and made it a little shorter on all eta's ;). Haven't bought the real Baron yet... 25k/yr for insurance... ouch! Got a Cat II PFC sim sitting in my house though ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest pookie

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it ... and the lunch on Catalina :)