Sign in to follow this  
Guest VinnieFSX

Help!

Guest NeXTer

Thanks for bringing that mission to my attention. :)I just completed it without any issues other than their altimeter readout being off (stated 28.86, real value 29.86). The mission description states that the mission has three different endings, so it could be a glitch with the path you got.I can't say I particularly enjoyed the surprise thrown in during the landing in the ending I got, but at least I managed to recover and perform a safe landing. I also learned something useful from the experience, which I definitely appreciate...As long as you pay close attention to the instructions there shouldn't be any problems I think.

Guest VinnieFSX

Well the last thing that happens is my co-pilot said "descend to 4000 ft and speed 180". I've looked through the sound folder and it mentions a engine failure. Did you still continue on the GPS course?

Guest NeXTer

If you didn't get the engine failure you didn't get the path I did. The instructions were to continue the flight as filed after notifying ATC about the situation.There should have been two heading changes somewhere around there. The first to 220 and the second to 270 if I remember right. After the last one I switched the autopilot to approach mode and prepared for landing.

Guest VinnieFSX

>If you didn't get the engine failure you didn't get the path>I did. The instructions were to continue the flight as filed>after notifying ATC about the situation.>>There should have been two heading changes somewhere around>there. The first to 220 and the second to 270 if I remember>right. After the last one I switched the autopilot to approach>mode and prepared for landing.So basicly, you took the GPS route? In my path, the airport that I was heading to got closed and I was diverted to another one.

Guest NeXTer

Yes, I flew according to the original flightplan. I definitely understand why that airport was closed though...

Guest VinnieFSX

I presume it was the weather and did you get a reward @ the end?

Guest VinnieFSX

I presume it was the weather and did you get a reward @ the end?

Guest NeXTer

Yes, the visibility went from "I have the runway, we can land visually" to "who turned off the lights?!" in a heartbeat. Very disorienting but it's a lesson well taught.I got down in one piece though and did indeed receive the reward after parking.

Guest VinnieFSX

How do you set the course in the Lear?

Guest FallonNV

I get to the spot where the co-pilot tell you "Now tune in the ILS for RWY 26 it's 111.10 and the course is 255. Got it? Frequency is 111.10 and course 255. And don't forget to switch from GPS/FMS to NAV mode." I set NAV1 to 111.10 and switch GPS to NAV mode but the plane just keeps flying and does not turn I don't know how to set the ILS can anyone tell me how to do it?

Guest NeXTer

Keep the autopilot in NAV hold mode and set the ILS frequency on NAV1. Now turn off NAV hold and switch the NAV/GPS selector to NAV. Use the course knob to set the course to the ILS course from the airport data. Finally return the NAV/GPS selector to GPS and turn NAV hold back on.When ATC starts vectoring you around, switch NAV/GPS to NAV, change NAV hold to HDG hold. When you're on on the last leg heading for the intercept you press the APP hold button and continue with the landing preparations.Note how the HDG and then the ALT lights go out as you intercept the localizer and glideslope.Don't forget to turn off the autothrottle and autopilot on the right altitude or you'll make a mess on the runway...

Guest VinnieFSX

But where is the course knob?

Guest NeXTer

The CRS knob in the middle of the AP panel. The course readout is only shown to the left on the primary MFD when the NAV/GPS switch is set to NAV which is the reason for the switching during ILS setup.

Guest VinnieFSX

>The CRS knob in the middle of the AP panel. The course>readout is only shown to the left on the primary MFD when the>NAV/GPS switch is set to NAV which is the reason for the>switching during ILS setup.Thanks. What as the reward? Medal? Special Item? Badge? Postcard?