Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iceberg

New to FSX: Tutorial 3 - Complete, but is there more?

Guest Iceberg

Hello,I've been slowly going through the missions in between downloading AI and AFCADS to get FSX up to where my FS9 used to be. Anyway, I completed the first two missions, got the wings, and kept doing the missions to get the "bonus" awards. The third mission, Tutorial 3, has you take off, pass the three balloons and then land. It gives you the option of landing at any of the three runways. Of course, I chose the shortest and landed. After exiting, no bonus. I took off and landed at the second smallest. Still no bonus award. I finally took off and landed at the large runway. No bonus award.Is there a bonus award on this mission? Can you give me a hint how to complete it?--James

Guest NeXTer

Most of the missions lack a bonus reward I'm afraid, this being one of them.

Guest fsxmissionguy

On the contrary ... almost every mission grants a reward (some of the practice race missions in Acceleration being the exceptions to the rule).Some missions even grant multiple rewards depending on what you do in them, or how many branches the missions have (some missions have several possible ways of completing them).And Tutorial 3 is is no exception. It does grant a reward. You earn the reward by landing on any of the grass strips or the runway (I landed on the second-longest grass strip, and received the "Bronze Wings" reward).You must make a full-stop landing ... however. Are you sure you waited long enough before exiting the mission?Cheers,Kevin

Guest NeXTer

Hey, I didn't say anything about the normal reward, did I? :(

Guest fsxmissionguy

Nexter,Hey ... you're right. I think I may have misinterpreted the original poster's question.While you do get a reward in almost every mission, you may not get "extra" "bonus" rewards in some of the less complex ones.Cheers,Kevin