Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

save files

I was forced to do a system restore, I had completed all of the missions in fsx and had backed up the fsx files from my documents, unfortunately this did not contain the saves of all of the missions being complete, does anyone know where I can get the save files or download them, some might consider this cheating but I have finished them all already and miss my checkmarks.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Wow, what a wonderful thing to have happen to you!Go back and refly all the missions ... it will be great fun, and you'll notice things you didn't notice the first time around.Many of the missions have branches that change the mission (and the rewards) depending on which branch you take. Some branches are completely random (in fact, most are), so you'll likely have a whole new experience in some missions.It will be a lot more fun than trying to hunt down checkmarks on the internet, and you'll become an even better pilot for having done it.

Guest NeXTer

Been there, done that. Had to refly everything after I had issues with my Acceleration install. Was a really nice feeling seeing how much better I handled the aircraft the second time around. :)

There are so many missions, I did the work to try to checkmark everything okay if there isn't another way.ThanksAnthony

Hey Anthony,I'm one of those people who re-formats/re-installs several times a year (my idea of "house-cleaning") so along with your "Logbook.BIN" file you should backup your "GrantedRewards.BIN" file also (which I believe is the one that will also show the missions as having been accomplished. Personally, I would have been very )))-: if I had to go back and do certain ones like the "Larry Loop" mission.Btw... Thanks to Phil Taylor for mentioning to backup those files when he talked about preparing for installing SP1... http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...to-install.aspx I "happened" to fortuitously read it before I lost that for which I had so laboriously achieved!Now I backup daily (or when I accomplish a Larry-esque type mission) to a little 3 1/2" floppy (amazing that device is still around! Well those wacky F6 drivers...). Here's how I did it in Win XP (default installation of FSX): I have a shortcut that executes "Logbooka.bat" (which is saved in my "Windows" folder) a batch file that backs up those above mentioned files to the A: drive. You can copy the below to a notepad file, call it whatever (e.g. Iwillneveragainlosemymissioninfo.bat as long as it's a .bat file) create a shortcut to place on the desktop with the icon of your choosing... and peace-o-mind is just a double-click away.cd C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication DataMicrosoftFSXcopy /V /Y GrantedRewards.BIN A:FSX_Filescd C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X Filescopy /V /Y Logbook.BIN A:FSX_Filescopy /V /Y Cu*.CFG A:FSX_FilesOh, btw, in this example, I already have an existing folder on the floppy named "FSX_Files"If you run cmd.exe and at the command prompt type: copy /? you'll get an explanation of the copy command syntax and the meaning of the switches. The "Cu*.CFG" backup is... I backup my saved configurations too. They (the ones I want backed up) all start with "Cu" hence the " * " wildcard. So you get the idea... you can save whatever files as long as there is room on the media.Hope this helps in the future,Rob O.

No way to get save files though? I did all of that work, I am not going to do it again, I just want my checks and rewards;(;(;(

Well I am not sure what System Restore actually does (I mean specifically... i know what it's for)... as I shut it off and disable the service.My "System Restore" is like I said... reformat/reinstall.You could do a search for GrantedRewards*.* and see if it was renamed something else. Make sure you check in Advanced Search "Search hidden files and folders".Rob O.

No I did a full system reset to factory settings and saved what I thought I needed to my external harddrive. I lost everything and just wanted to know if there was a website or something where I could get save files of a %100 completed game.thanksAnthony