Sign in to follow this  
Guest NeXTer

Palm 90

Guest NeXTer

I have to commend you, fsxmissionguy, for a most challenging and well executed mission. Very well done.Took me a couple of reloads to get right. "Crashing" into things that are ten or more meters away is rather annoying, not to mention the weather induced lag adding to the fun! :(

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yea, I tried as best I could to work with what was there. Sometimes, the fidelity of the crash detection in FSX isn't what I'd want. Some bridges you can't come anywhere near (Bay Bridge, San Francisco for example), so I guess I was fortunate that there was enough space in between these two to squeeze in a mission.Keeps you on the edge of your seat though, no?

Guest NeXTer

It sure did, especially since I've been unable to fly for the past month due to the lack of a video card in my sim machine. Was a very nice way to break in my new 8800GTS!

Guest jnel

As I said recently in another thread, but which deserves to be said again: In my opinion one of the best designed and executed missions in fsx, and one of the most satisfying to complete. A true work from the heart by someone who recognizes and is rightly moved by the the genuine acts of heroism and selflessness that some individuals are capable of performing in crisis to help their fellows.Back in January of last year, when the mission was introduced, someone wrote a post that can't be stated any better: Palm 90 is one of the most amazing projects ever executed by an individual in a flightsim.Morser

Guest fsxmissionguy

Morser,Again, thanks for your kind comments. I will be updating this mission soon, and intend to re-release it later this year. There were many aspects of it that I didn't like that I'm repairing. I was on a deadline to meet the 25th Anniversary of this flight when I released it originally, so I think a lot of improvements could be made to it.I'll post a thread here on AVSIM when I've completed it.Cheers,Kevin

Guest deltatango

So where do I find this mission? Searching for "Palm 90" I can't find anything in the Avsim library, any Avsim forum posts that point to it or even anything on google. It sounds like a great mission.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yep ... that's where you can find it.Uploads to AVSIM are time consuming and difficult (compared to other alternatives) ... however the primary reason that I use box.net is to ensure quality control. Uploading to a variety of sim sites is inefficient when I need to make changes.I hope you like the mission.Cheers,Kevin

Guest deltatango

Thanks. downloading now....