Sign in to follow this  
Guest robinhutter

Coast Guard Transport mission

Guest robinhutter

Hi folks,I tried the Coast Guard Transport mission of the Acceleration pack. As soon as I was approaching the accident scene I knew there was trouble ahead. The accident scene was not located *on* the bridge, but in the water right next to it. Landing at the position indicated by the mission pointer gives me a "crash", landing further away a "splash". Any hints to what's going wrong here?Tia,Robin <>

Guest fsxmissionguy

Have you installed any third-party scenery programs that may have replaced what is located in that area? The 7-Mile Bridge and the area surrounding it was upgraded by Microsoft for Acceleration specifically to improve the graphics for that mission.Also, can you post a screen shot showing the scene?Cheers,Kevin

Guest robinhutter

>Have you installed any third-party scenery programs that may>have replaced what is located in that area? Not that I know...>Also, can you post a screen shot showing the scene?Here it comes.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Well, I can see where that would be a problem.Do me a favor. Email me the mission .spb file. It's called:Coast_Guard_Transport_Mission.spband is located here (default installation):C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XMissionsMilitaryUSCGTransportEmail to: fsxmissionguy at gmail dot comI'd like to compare it to mine.

Guest NeXTer

Looks to me like the southern bridge span is missing, definitely seems like a scenery issue. I would suggest checking your addon Scenery Library in the settings and make sure any additions are unchecked. I'm assuming you have Scenery Complexity set to Dense?Update: Uhm, studied the image again, guess the span is there, but the spans don't look quite like I remember them, like they're too close together, but maybe that's the perspective? In any event, I think the mission stuff is in the right place to sit on the southern span, but the span is too far north for some reason...

Guest fsxmissionguy

It's very hard to tell from the image because of the positioning of the camera, but it looks to me like one of the bridge spans is missing, which does suggest that a scenery addon may be impacting this mission.

Guest NeXTer

There is definitely some extra scenery at play here, this is what the area [em]should[/em] look like for that mission.

Guest fsxmissionguy

And you have no idea how difficult it was to put those flares exactly where they are, and to have them light up one by one!

i need some advice, this mission has been a nightmare for the last 3 hours. i have already picked the guy up from the bridge, but he always dies 14 miles out. also when i do get to the hospital even with the most perfect landing i have ever seen i always get registered as a crash. is this mission even possible to complete. last year before i restarted this game i had another helocopter mission that was the same way. i was never able to land so i never finished the mission. i don't get it at all. i need help!!

dwilkin04, you should make a separate post on your issue. Gets confusing when ppl start answering two different issues in the same thread.

dwilkin04, you should make a separate post on your issue. Gets confusing when ppl start answering two different issues in the same thread.
well last i checked this topic is called Coast Guard Transport Mission!! this isn't my first forum, so to me and everyone else i'm sure this topic is about the mission as a whole. and besides if you actually looked at the last time someone else discussed anything in this thread was in 2008. so i'm sure the older topic is well over and done with. so with that said, if anyone else would like to share their minds in helping me out i would really appreciate it. thanks for your time and keep flying through the skies people.

This is my first time on....I need help with this Coast Guard Transport mission, can some one direct me to someone who might have some answers...I cant get with 50' of the accident and my chopper crashes...Turned off UTX. Started over...still same problemThanks

i never have been able to complete this mission myself. i get to the bridge and then the guy always dies 14 miles out from the hospital. my best advise for you on the bridge is to go into 3rd person view and slowly but surely put the helo down between the ambulance and the bridge wall.