Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimD10796

Flt plan along with wx file in fsx

Guest JimD10796

I'm having trouble loading a mission with both a flight plan and a wx(weather) file. Mission is from CLS DC-10 "worst snowstorm." TIA

Guest Gunner_CAF

Missions should have weather and flight plans included in the mission files.Gunner

Guest JimD10796

It does, they are two separate files in 1 folder.

Guest Gunner_CAF

The weather file and flight plan are referenced in the .flt file for the mission. You don't have to load these if the mission is made right.Gunner

Guest NeXTer

Do you have a link to this mission?

Guest JimD10796

It was included in the CLS DC-10 install package. I can load the plan in fsx (flight planner) and all the wave points, airports, etc are there, just no weather. Inside that folder are two files(separate) a .pln and a.wx.

Guest Gunner_CAF

If you want to change or modifiy the missions weather. Create the weather you want in free flight, then use that .wx file and replace the missions .wx file with the one you created. Make sure you rename the file to match the file in the mission folder.Gunner

Guest JimD10796

This is what's in the folder. Location is c:/mydocuments/Flight Simulator x files. CLS Scenario 6-KORD BEARZ Arrival-Worse Snow Storm of the year.PLN (6.15kb) CLS Scenario 6-KORD BEARZ Arrival-Worse Snow Storm of the year.WX (3.33mb) Now if i open fsx in freeflight, select the .pln (load button in flight planner) and then fly now, it flies the mission with clear skies. I see no where or option to select or input that particular .wx file. I am not changing or modifying, those files were included with the CLS package. So i guess my question is how to select the .wx to go along with a .PLN. Thanks for your help.

Guest Gunner_CAF

This does not sound like an FSX Mission. It may be just a free flight scenario that you can set up in free flight. If it is a true FSX mission, you will see the listed as one of the missions.In free flight, you will find these files in the location you noted in mydocs. For missions, there files will be found in the Program files in the FSX Missions folders. A FSX mission will load all this automaticly.To load this scenario in free flight, use the "Load" button. You should find the scenario on the list. This should load both weather and flightplan. If the flight plan is not showing up, you can load the flightplan from the menu bar once in the simulator. It's possible you should also have a .flt file in there.It might be best to send a message to the developer and see if your missing some files.Good luck,Gunner