Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Corkscrew... Acceleration

Guest Shalomar

All is well till I level off on the downwind for the aproach. I lose speed and at about 135 knots I spin in. Does the Lear have a problem flying on one engine?Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest NeXTer

A decidedly tricky mission. I experienced the same problems myself when I flew it last year.I'm a bit rusty, but as I recall it you need to prepare the exit from the corkscrew well ahead of time. One of the reasons for this is the spool-up time of the engines. Also remember that even in level flight, the rudder has a bit of lag in its effect on attitude as well.Not to mention that you're going from a fairly steep descent to nearly level flight so if you don't increase your lateral speed as you decrease your vertical, you will be in a bit of trouble.So, to summarise, you need to bring up N1 on the engines, particularly on the "inside" engine to help push you out of the spiral, then apply "outward" rudder to ease you out into level flight. Adjusting the flaps to reduce drag helps a bit too.Once in level flight, check the airspeed and make the necessary adjustments before landing the aircraft.I might be off the mark completely, but at least I got down in one piece... Eventually! :(

lol I managed it on the first try but I guess it was more luck then skill... At the time I also cheated ran with joystick since I hadn

Guest VinnieFSX

I flew a RIGHT downwind instead of a left one - you don't get anything failing, plus, you still get the reward