Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Anybody completed CGAdventures helo mission?

Some time ago, I downloaded a mission from Hovercontrol.com ( which looked like it was supposed to be the first of a series - but which now looks like it may be the last?) - called CGAdventures.It takes you on a tour of a number of campsites in the mountains. At one of these campsites (on the shore of a river with a small jetty)it says to land near the end of the jetty.I landed - and did so in several places, but can't get the mission to accept the landing and move on.You would have to have flown this mission to know what I am sayingThanks for any helpBarry

Guest fsxmissionguy

You're landing in the wrong spot. When your copilot says: "Why don't you land at the end of the dock" he means the business end of that dock.Like so:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/189925.jpgBetter practice those landings some more!After all, anyone can land on the grass, mate.Cheers,

Guest Shalomar

Do either one of you use Acceleration? Is this mission compatible?Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi DonaldNo, sorry - I use only SP1.Actually this mission does have a good aspect about it - I can understand Kevins dislike of Missions that place scenery BGLs inside "normal" FSx scenery - but in this case it has a benefit. That is that, in an interesting part of Canada BC, it places a number of cabins that you can fly to within free flight. I will get back to this Mission shortly - I am improving my landings and should be able to land on the end of the dock soon!!:( Barry

Guest fsxmissionguy

I use Acceleration, and this mission is compatible with Acceleration (I do not believe that it uses any of the Acceleration features, and I think it was designed with the SP1 SDK.)As Barry mentioned, this mission looked like it was the first of what would become many missions in this scenery area. It introduces a series of camps, so it's fairly simple. Fly here, land there ... oooh, look over there. But the area is interesting to look at and there is that landing on the dock for a challenge.All in all a decent intermediate helo mission (it's beginner, except for that dock landing).Cheers,

Guest Shalomar

Thanx for the reasurance, downloading it now.I think I can handle the dock landing, been landing on buildings for a while now. Isn't it strange that "Executive Transport" is a beginner mission and "Kwazulu Rhino Rescue" with all landings in fairly unrestricted areas is intermediate?Best Regards, Donald T.:-wave

I am a beginner - :-) -- and I have had one go at that "Executive Transport" and found that my ability to land on the elevated helopad was too much for me at that stage. But I have been practicing and slowly getting better - I have been flying a mission called "Lake Tahoe rescue" ( recently uploaded to AVSIM) which required me to pick up people off an upturned boat ( had to fly down real close to the water/boat without getting my feet wet!) - and then land on a helopad on top of a hospitalTrouble is that I seem to be getting building crashes as I attempt to land on the helopad. Unfortunately in the Missions I cannot play an "instant replay" to see exactly what is happening, but I am almost sure that I am getting a crash while in mid-air ( ie not crashing on the helopad itself but hitting the no-go zone that surrounds buildings.)Is there any way of playing "instant replay" while in a mission?Barry

Guest Shalomar

Actually the landing at the dock is the first one that is required, at all the other camps I was told to move on just as I was transitioning to a hover.It seems this mission is not compatible with Ultimate Terrain, the last two camps are in the water. But it is still acheivable, and a lot of fun.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190061.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190062.jpg

Guest fsxmissionguy

That's because Ultimate Terrain changes the coastlines. Any scenery placed near a coastline is (potentially) toasted by Ultimate Terrain.It's one of those things that I hate about some add-on software. It sometimes can break anything that came before it. Suddenly, the thing that came before it is "not compatible."Heh. Seems to me that it's Ultimate Terrain that's "not compatible" but I guess that all depends on whether you prefer Ultimate Terrain, or the mission!;)Cheers,

I am slowly proceeding my way through this Mission - and, even though it is not called for, I am landing at all the small campsites that you are supposed to merely fly over. It is good practice as some of them are in quite awkward places (for me).There is no doubt for me that these Missions do add an element of interest to the Sim that I had lost after several years of flying the Sim.I see in todays downloads that someone has uploaded a Mission involving a STAR arrival in a jet. I haven't and won't be working with this one for some time (too busy with the Helos - for the first time in my Simming career) - but it is obvious to me that the Missions can play a good part in what I would call "educational" aspects of Simming.Regards Barry

I have finally completed this mission. It has been quite a good one for a beginner chopper pilot to undertake. It involves a lot of mountain flying, some quite tricky landings (for a beginner)in awkward places and, although just a "fly and see" type scenario, felt right to me as an introduction to Missions. I am certainly a better helo pilot now for itRecommended.I wonder what happened to the plans to make this one the first of a series??Barry