Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How do I.... 3Q. please.

I have a three questions on missions.1. How do I switch back and fort from Object placement tool (Mission development) and testing. There is a keyboard command..I forget what it is. 2. How do I set my mission so users can change the weather and change the aircraft. What and where do I need to change settings for this?3. How do I save my mission as a general flight. So it appears under "Load Flight" rather than at the mission section. IF I move my #.flt to the DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files folder, it does not appear. But if I remove the entry from the flt file, it appears...but then I lose the objects like rectangle area and its effects since the link to the xml is not there anymore.Any ideas?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest fsxmissionguy

Manny,Here are the answers to your questions:1) To test your mission, you need to reload it. The keyboard command is Shift-; (press Shift and semi-colon). This will reload the XML and allow you to test your changes.2) Users can change the weather and aircraft they use in a mission by clicking the checkbox "Enable Changes in Selected Mission (no rewards given). As a mission designer, you have no control over that checkbox. The Player has complete control over it. If they check that box before launching the mission, they will be able to switch aircraft and alter the weather at the cost of not getting the Reward for successful completion of the mission.3) You can't load a mission in Free Flight. What controls this is the entry in your mission .FLT file. If you remove this entry, the mission will show up in the Free Flight list, but your mission XML will not load the custom objects you hand-placed or otherwise run your code (as you've discovered.)A community of authors who create missions has coalesced here:http://www.flightsimulatorxmissions.comYou might want to post questions there, instead of here as there are more mission designers there, and your question will get more answers and quicker answers.Cheers,

Hi Kevin.You have answered all my questions.Thank you. OK..Will register on that site as well.I wanted to have thermals and sink over wooded area on approach to rwy 35 at 52F. I understood that the only way to do that was via missions. So I created a very simple free flight mission with those thermal objects. It works like a charm. Oh well..if folks want to fly 52F the real way...then they have to take the Mission route (Mission with no end goal). :)I wish, they ACES would provide for these objects in free flight.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Gunner_CAF

Manny,Check out the Mifflin Soaring Competition posts by B21 on the Flight Simulator X Missions site that Kevin posted. If you like gliders, you will like this. There is also links to a few utilities called CumulusX and Sim_Probe that you may be interested in.Gunner