Sign in to follow this  
Guest tripecac

Sugarloaf Rescue

Guest tripecac

I finally delivered the pulley to the summit, and flew back to the airport. However, when I land, nothing happens, except the guy says something like "are you ready to get going?" or something like that, implying that he wants to take-off rather than land.Any idea how to get the mission to end? I am 0.0nm away from the mission destination.Thanks!

Guest Gunner_CAF

You didn't trip the landing trigger. Try to land again in the location given. I had this same problem in another mission. It was frustrating.It is a good idea to save the mission after completing something like this. Start from the save location and try the landing again.Gunner

Guest tripecac

I just had the same thing happen in the kayak rescue missing. After I finally rescued them, I flew back to the airport, landed near the ambulance, but nothing happened. I wonder if it's a helicopter-specific bug?

Guest Gunner_CAF

The Kayak mission was the one I had problems with. I landed in and around the ambulance and coulcn't get the mission end to trigger. I think I tried to look at the mission in the Object Placement Tool to see if I could fix it, but it was so long ago, I can't remember if I was able to do this.It could be the type of trigger used. If an area landing trigger was used, you may need to land within the magic box you can not see. If you land outside the box and taxi into it, it will not work. You can't just take off a few feet and land again with this trigger. You need to take off, fly around and land again. This is why I don't like to use these type triggers unless I make them super large. Proximity triggers work best.Gunner

Guest tripecac

Okay, I saved both missions after I landed at the final location. Does this mean I have to re-fly the missions (which are tough hover missions, requiring lots of save-and-restore on my part) or can I fly a certain distance away, return, and land again? Any idea what that distance is?

Guest j-mo

You shouldn't have to re-fly the entire mission. Just take off, gain 100-200 feet altitude, then land on your mark. Don't land close then taxi/drag your way to it. Or fly a circuit and return.Regards,

Guest tripecac

Thanks! I just took off again on the sugarloaf mission, and then landed... and it triggered the success. Ditto for the kayak mission. I'm glad I don't have to repeat them!!!