Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

Lonesome Lake Cargo

Has anybody completed this mission?I get to the lake with no problems and plop down in the water like a duck, unload, take on dummy with broken leg. Taxi to far end of lake to give me longest takeoff run and crash each time. There is just not enought lenght to take off in. By the time I get to other end of lake, I've only got around 60 knots IAS showing. I've tryed flaps/no flaps.Full rich/lean. Max rpm's and 100 per cent power and still put more planes into the trees than Charley Brown and his kites. Mission uses the default De Hav Beaver and lake is around 2700 ft in the White Mts of NH.RegardsErnest

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ernest,The lake is too small. The only solution is to turn off autogen to remove the trees (in my opinion.)Cheers,

Guest frofro64546

i did you must take off with full flaps and properly trimmed for take off( in other terms : 100% nose up )you have to choose your path carefully , there's a small gap beetween 2 trees which makes the difference (heading 200-210)as soon as you have a positive climb rate(about 60 knots) you must slightly pull down the stick in order to gain a few additional knots ; if you don't , you 'll have to pull up too much afterwards , then you stall and bye bye after 2-3 seconds without touching anything , you can consider you 're passed the hill , and can start come back to a more "normal" cl

Guest NeXTer

That takeoff was was quite interesting when you have lots of trees around! Was a bit miffed by the fact that the map didn't show in the kneeboard, but the GPS took care of the remaining legs of the trip.I really enjoy these brain teasers where you have to not only use the map and instruments to find where you're supposed to go, but use your head to get back out again once you get there! :)

Guest jnel

Uh, ok, this one is now seriously bugging me. Like Ernest, I've tried all permutations, including a long, looping run, balancing on one pontoon. Still can't get it to lift off before running into the far shore. Thought about dumping fuel, (can't do it from the taskbar). maybe let the engine idle for a couple of hours.If you were successful getting out of there, how did you do it?Morser

Guest NeXTer

The wind comes from SW or so, so you need to water taxi to the north end of the lake, raise the water rudder and flaps, take off down the lake like a screaming banshee. Lower the flaps to T/O about halfway down the lake and pull up the nose so you can squeeze through the trees. As soon as you have enough altitude to clear the trees, lower the nose so you don't stall and then use the valley to gain enough airspeed to climb up to a safe altitude...All in a day's work for a bush pilot! :)