Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

Just Joined the thousands of addicted.....

Guest FPSFREAK

Just wanted to drop a note and say hello. I am new to this forum and Flight Sims but in the short time I have become totally addicted to this world of yours.I don't know much about the flight sim world yet but thats why I joined here.I do know a lot about hardware as I am A+, Net+ and MCSE certified as well as an ESU Technician with the FAA. So if it's a hardware issue you have I hope I can trade for help with sim issues.Again, Great forum guys !! Looking forward to helping and learning in the upcoming months.:-beerchug Bobby

Sounds great, hope your not married...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Boone

Hey Bobby,Welcome onboard!A WARNING - It doesn't get any easier. I have been totally hooked on this for a couple of years now! and just when you think things are cooling down and your beginning to get back to your old self and ways, something new comes along to engross you in FS for a couple more months. It is in a word ADDICTIVE.Have you warned your wife or girlfriend? (Or are you lucky enough not to have one?)All joking aside, this is a fantastic and wonderful hobby. The freeware add-ons are simply amazing and the support and help in forums like this is second to none. Appart from the occasional rude moron in the forum's, you will get help on every question.Enjoy and good luck!Regards,Boone

Guest FPSFREAK

Thanks guys !! Yes I am married but she would rather have me parked in the Living room watching me fly than me parked in a bar or club watching someone else. She actually was the one who bought me the sim. LOLWe're expecting a future pilot in about 4 weeks so I think it's a way for her to really keep me home.All I can say is this thing is amazing. To climb through 30K in a 777 and watch the contrails form is just beautiful!!!Thanks again and thanks in advance for the help..Bobby

Hi Bobby,Welcome...Yep, there doesn't seem to be too many 'take-it-or-leave-it' flightsimmers. It's either not your cup-o'-tea, or you're addicted.Been at it since about mid-98. Probably will be here for awhile yet.The learning curve can be pretty steep and frustrating at times, but when you get that particular 'thing' figured out, you find that it's what makes this so satisfying. Then, it's on to the next thing.Good flights and happy landings,Bob

Guest Stompy

Welcome! You're in for a hell of a ride! :-)

So tell us Bobby. Give us a little background on your setup so we can tell which way to start directing you to get the most out of simming:Does your setup include a flight yoke and pedals yet (the most critical element IMHO).Have you "entered" the world of add-ons yet? This is one you will probably need some help in the beginning.btw, I'm an MCSE cert senior network administrator for a mid-size company. If your IT job is like mine, the main problem is that you are free to do what you want. That means lots of time browsing the forums, searching for and downloading add-ons etc. Being a fs addict is not good for your carreer! :)stephen

Guest FPSFREAK

Well my system consists of a P4@ 2.8Ghz. 512 Megs PC1066 32ns, 9700 Pro at 405/364, Asus P4T533-C, Audigy 2 Platinum all wrapped up in a Coolermaster ATC 201SX Case.No yoke yet but would really like everyones opinion on which one to purchase.Although I have the certs my job is a hodgepodge of IT, HVAC, Emergency Diesel Generator Maintenance ETC....Not as much time as I would like but I'm sure I will make time.Thanks again to everyone. All the rec. are greatly appreciated.Bobby

Uh-Oh....ANOTHER ONE bites the dust....lol.Congrat's on your up and coming lil trooper!Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest seev_39

Hi Bobby,>We're expecting a future pilot in about 4 weeks so I think >it's a way for her to really keep me home. >>All I can say is this thing is amazing. To climb through 30K >in a 777 and watch the contrails form is just beautiful!!! >>Thanks again and thanks in advance for the help.. I can hear myself a couple of years ago.next thing you have to do (the sooner the better) is build your own desktop cockpit (start with something simple such as a 3 axis controller). T H E N you will feel real simming ! ! ! make a turn with a controllable rudder and trim your aircraft with a trimming wheel and see the differance. For more on this subject go to the cockpit building forum here on Avsim. Poor wife of yours, she will never get rid of you !!!Seev

Guest frankcubillos

Welcome Bobby, yep this is one addictive hobby but it's a blast! The community is friendly and helpful too; you'll enjoy it immensely! Welcome to this insanely fun hobby! :-waveShould we tell him about ProjectAI addiction yet? :-lol---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.