Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

FS Crashes: Idea about CTDs, poll...

Here's a wild idea I just got today. I think CTDs are caused by online flying (also). Or possibly Squawkbox (aircraft textures).I just lately did a reinstallation of FS, and did couple of flights around Europe, without traffic, all offline. Not a single CTD. I also did a EDDF-EGLL flight.So, and today I decided to go online again to do that EDDF-EGLL flight. And just as I was starting my Engine Nr. 2, it crashed to desktop.IMO, FS crashed because someone joined. Nothing else happened in that moment. I wasn't even touching sim. Engine 1 was running and I just wanted to start Nr. 2.I am also not saying that CTDs can't happen because of some double AFCAD files or some ground textures... but people have been looking beyond that and were puzzled.So dear simmers, here's a little poll, please answer as many as you can:1) Do you have CTDs?2) Was it while using Squawkbox?Thank you everybody!

Guest United

1) Yes, I have CTD's lots of 'em2) No, never use Squawkbox, but I wouldnt doubt that there are many causes to CTDsRandy Jura, KPDX

1) Yes, I did have2) No. Bad memory was the cause of my crashes (regular Blue Screen of Death crashes halfway through a flight), which had been a regular occurence over about a 6-month period. Top of the range expensive Corsair RAM bought in 2004 that had gone 'bad' after 2 years. Took it out a few months ago and replaced it with new memory, and never experienced a CTD since.

1) I used to get CTDs before I installed the FS patch but haven't had any since. On the other hand the only add-on scenery I have is the UK VFR Photographic Scenery and Terrain2) I've never used squack boxMy impression from the posts on this, and other forums, is that CTDs are now almost entirely caused by add-on scenery packages.

Guest psouthan

1)Had millions of them. Nearly throw the PC out of the window at one stage.2) Often use SB never had any problems whatsoever with version 3Recently realised the cause of my CTD was overclocking, something I totally over-looked. My own fault.Paul