Sign in to follow this  
Guest DWillens

Another Blue Screen Problem

Guest DWillens

I am randomly getting a blue screen stop error only when using FS9. The following is the debug information:BugCheck FE, {5, 8a3620e0, 10de00e7, 8a017268}Probably caused by : usbohci.sys ( usbohci!OHCI_PollAsyncEndpoint+41 )Followup: MachineOwner---------I have no idea what usbohci.sys would mean, although I know that it is the USB driver for WinXP. I checked the file version number and it is the correct usbohci.sys file. I also checked my system running Prime95 for 12 hours and there was no problem there. I am not overclocking and my CPU and video card temps seem ok.I am stumped. Anyone have any ideas? I tried googling usbohci.sys and didnt come up with much. By the way, I have my joystick, keyboard and mouse connected via USB, if that means anything to anyone.DamonWinXPsp2AMD 3800+ 1.5gb RAM6600GT 128mb 84.21 driver

A quick google of "usbohci.sys" got 30,100 hits. Here is one of those hits:http://www.file.net/process/usbohci.sys.htmlThere is also some info on the Microsoft site:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;822603Note: copy and paste the entire link above or it won't work due to the semicolon in the link.There seems to be a long history of problems with that file so I hope someone can help you. What service pack do you have for WinXP?Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

Guest DWillens

I've already looked at both of those links and they don't seem to have anything to do with blue screens. By the way, I have SP2.Damon

Guest SilverCircle

>I've already looked at both of those links and they don't>seem to have anything to do with blue screens. By the way, I>have SP2.The error report clearly states that the kernel trap happened in that file (it says "probably", but usually, the information you get on a blue screen is correct).usbohci.sys is a USB miniport driver and belongs to the core operating system. Chances are, that some usb device on your system causes the driver to fail and, in turn, triggers a kernel fault which usually results in a blue screen.So, playing around with USB devices (remove all unneeded while FS9 is running, for example) may be a good starting point for hunting down that problem.Also, if you are using USB control devices (mouse, joystick/joke/pedals etc.), you can try to update the device-specific drivers for these products. The kernel fault in usbohci.sys may also be a result of another driver failing.

Guest Vetinari

I am having an identicle problem. Have you resolved it and if so, how? Thanks