Sign in to follow this  
Guest beardsy

FSX CTD

Guest beardsy

I have just received my copy of FSX, in Australia, and find that I am having CDT when I am well into a flight, flying the Beechcraft Kingair. I am very new to this and appolagise if this has been discussed before but have not found any replys on any other forums or AVSIM as yet.x(

Beardsy Have you had a look at the other posts on this subforum as they areall from folks having the same problem? Also nothing will stress your hardware/system as hard as a flight sim.The CTD problems are most likely your systems reaction to its inability to stand up under the strain. You could try a stress test utility like prime 95 for 24 hrs and see if your system can stand up under it.

Guest beardsy

Thank you Denny I am working my way through the forums. David.:-)

I think I'm in the right forum for CTD's. Rather than start another CTD thread I'll add my problem to this one.I just had my first CTD well into my flight (Yikes!). Enroute IFR from KLAS to KLAX in the Pacifica 737-800. I had just received ATC intructions to begin my descent with assigned runway given. I opened up the GPS 500 to set up runway activation and "bam" thats when the CTD occured.I'm not stressing. I'm not even going to try to figure out why it happened. I think i'm just going to go have a snack and take a break.I'm reporting this incident primarily to add to the CTD historical database in the hopes that doing so will contribute to these type problems being solved in the future.flykingVirtual AviatorProud Supporter of the Genuine Open Source Advantage ProgramSystem Specs:XP PRO SP2AMD Athlon 64 2413MHzNVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, 256MBMemory: 2048MBSB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

Guest n0zoa

I have not had CTD happen it restarted my whole system. It has happened 4 times so far the first 2 when i droped the flour bag on the Fly In"" mission. It did the first time and tried it again to see if it would do it again and it did. The other 2 times was when i was flying along and changed views to outside of plane then to tower and when it went to tower view it crashed/restarted my system. I have changed views after that to tower views etc etc and has worked. It seems like when it crashed/resarted my system was when the tower was more than 20 or so miles away.if you want comp specs look up on HP site the pavilion A1648x it is pretty much top of line from HP and just got it from store 3 days ago and pretty much handles FSX easily even at mid settings on scenery.

Guest beardsy

Be careful what you do to try and fix this problem. I now have a game that will not load onto my computer and FS9 is not in my control panel. I will be ringing Microsoft Australia today to see if they can help and post the result. David.

I just tried my second flight for the day and just had my second CTD, with memory error indication, for the day. At least this time it occurred about 8 min into the flight. I had auto-gen set to "sparse". Next flight I'll turn auto-gen off completely and see if that makes any difference. If not I might have to consider undoing all my tweaks and going back to stock and trying again.I don't see how it could be ram because I never had CTD's with my FS2004 on this rig.flykingVirtual AviatorProud Supporter of the Genuine Open Source Advantage ProgramSystem Specs:XP PRO SP2AMD Athlon 64 2413MHzNVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, 256MBMemory: 2048MBSB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

Guest beardsy

Microsoft Australia will not talk to me because Australias release is not until Oct 26. And they told me that they did not know that it was released in the USA. I don't think I will get much help with them so I will keep on looking through the differant forums. David.

Guest beardsy

OK guys thanks for all your information. I am now in the situation that I can't install FSX at all. I am going to try and put it, by itself, on an external hard drive and go from there. I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum but just thought I would let you all know what I was doing about my problem. David.Asus A8N-SLI Mother BoardAMD Athlon 64 939 CPUPCI Exprees1GB MemoryReaeon X300 SE 128 DDR Memory Card

Guest Ichinin

Same issue here.Flew south from the coastal airfield in Mauritania (Nouakchott i think). Accidently Switched to "Tower view" = *BOOM* - now watching BIOS counting memory, windows rebooting.Happened one more time, exactly when i switched to "Tower view". Now i try to avoid switching to "Tower view" unless i am flying in populated areas with many airfields in it.

Guest KaelOost

Same issue here. I get a complete system reset when I change to tower view and I'm a good distance from a tower. I've had it several times, all in more or less the same position, and all just as I switch to tower view.For interest sake, the last time I did it, I was in tower view when the tower changed (to the next nearest one I guess) and thats when it reset. A few people seem to be having this issue.