Sign in to follow this  
vcaptmattsmith

BSOD When Dropping Objects

Hi,I'm consistently getting a blue screen of death and spontaneous restart when dropping objects in the flour bomb mission. The screen showing the vertical view appears for a split second, then the screen goes black, I get a BSOD, and everything restarts.I also got this in the demo, both builds.Anyone else getting this?Best,Matt SmithXP Pro SP23.2 Ghz Pentium D Dual-Core2 GB RAMGeForce 7900GT 256MB

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Guest flamingblue8z

Same problem happening here, too, with a similar dual-core, 7900 series setup flying the "Midwest Fly-In" MissionASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe nForce 4 moboIntel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz oc'd to 2.7 GHz2x 1 GB 800 MHz g.Skill RAMGeForce 7900 GTX 512 MB with 91.47 WHQL driversWindows XP MCE 2005(Noticing a lot of system freezes related to my Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 dual tuner, but now seeing someone else having problems without the tuner variable)I'm gonna test with the latest 96.89 drivers from Guru3D, see how it goes from there and post my findings.

Guest harlanpepper

Same here... on Midwest Fly-In. The first time I installed FSX, I ran this mission without problems. After I had to reinstall XP to get FSX to run again I started getting the BSOD on this mission. For a split-second before it crashes (right after I drop the bomb) I get the brief outline of a window in the top left, then straight to blue screen.Asus A8N-SLI PremiumAMD X2 3800+ @ 2.55GHz2x1GB OCZ Platinum @ DDR466GeForce 7800GT 91.47 driverXP Pro SP2

Guest zeus71

Hi,Same problem here in the dropping objects missions....Just a fraction of second after the vertical view screen apeears, i hear a looping sound for a moment, then BSOD...Tried out EVERYTHING: reinstalled FSX, directX latest update, chipset, G-card and soundchip drivers updated, nothing seems to fix it!!...Everything seems ok (ran DXDIAG: everything ok).Greetings. - Intel Dual core conroe 6600@ 2.6Ghz - 2x 1Gb cellshock ddr2 800 - Asus P5W-DH-DLX/WIFI - P O W Nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2 dual gpu 1GB DDR3 GreetingsZeusRome,Italy.

Guest firehawk44

What was the error msg given on the BSOD screen? This is important as it helps troubleshoot any hardware/software/system problem. You might be able to retrieve the msg by looking at your Event Viewer and checking the application error msg for the date/time of the BSOD, then google the error for a possible solution(s). My best guess is a bad video card driver (not properly installed) caused this BSOD or FSX not installed properly (you can put in Disk 1 and try a Repair and see if that fixes the problem).Best regards,Jim Young

Guest zeus71

Hi there,I finally fixed the problem... here's what I done:I ran DXDIAG (start-run- then type in DXDIAG)In the audio tab I set the audio acceleration slider to "normal acceleration" position and..... BANG! no more BSOD when dropping objects!Hope this can hel u as it helped myself (I found this in another topic on this forum I don't remember which...) anyway thanks to the guy who posted it it is the solution!.I think this is a problem related to the realtek audio chip of my Asus motherboard (I got the latest drivers but they don't seem to help)Greetings from Rome.Zeus- Intel Dual core conroe 6600@ 2.6Ghz- 2x 1Gb cellshock ddr2 800- Asus P5W-DH-DLX/WIFI- P O W Nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2 dual gpu 1GB DDR3

Guest harlanpepper

Thanks for the suggestion, Zeus! I'll adjust my dxdiag settings and see if that fixes things for me, too. I've just skipped all the dropping missions thus far after encountering repeated BSODs. I've also tried getting the latest Asus drivers, but found that I already had them installed ;)

Guest slydon

I have the same problem. I will try your fix to see if that works for me.

Guest gregsauter

I have exactly the same problem. If I disconnect my joystick, the problem goes away.Greg SauterXP MCE 20053.0 GHz Pentium 4 HT1 GB RAMATI Radeon All-in-Wonder 2006Logitech Force 3D joystick