Sign in to follow this  
Guest almoto

FSX not responding

Guest almoto

Ok i have been running FSX deluxe for about a week and not having to many issues then yesterday i tried to start FSX and all i get is the splash screen and it nevers boots up when i check the task monitor is says it has stopped responding and it is using 99% of my memory (1Gb) i have reloaded it and still the same thing any ideas?

Guest almoto

sorry i had it wrong it is using 99% of the cpu not memory

Guest firehawk44

If applicable, change your virtual memory (pagefile) performance settings back to "system managed size" and see if that fixes the problem. Also, have your tried deleting your FSX.cfg, restarting the sim, and letting it rebuild itself? Perhaps you have a FSX "tweak" not properly written in the config. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Guest samrec

I have the same problem, deleted that cfg file but nothing.Page file on both of my disk is set to let the system handle it.and this is a clean install, I removed the app an reinstalled it again, same thing.AMD 4600+ (AM2), DDR2@667mhz, nVidia 7600GT 256MB (93.71 drivers), 2xWD250gb HDD.. XP-pro fully patched

Guest EC-ADB

Well, I have exactly the same problem and I have tried to do all those things without any result... We are three now with the same trouble...Suggestions?

Guest samrec

the only thing I have done that could had affected it is new nVidia drivers 91.73. I will unistall them and revert to the ones that the video card came with. those were working fine. I think that is the only thing I had changed.will keep you posted!

Guest samrec

I have reverted to 84.21 drivers, same results. After 10 mins it has not loaded.

Guest jaya

I'm finding that I get these CTD's at specific locations. 1 near 3512N 10219W, While flying e over I 40 in NW Texas and the other when flying N over I-75 near KVLD. I have ruled out device drivers, direct X, memory, page files, etc. I always get the same error at the same location.

Guest samrec

In our/my case I'm not even able to load the game anymore.An this is a clean install.

Guest simensa

I've had this problem too but I've found the solution! Turns out my flight log file was corrupted. The file is located in your "My DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files" folder. This is where your saved flights get saved too. The log file is named logbook.bin. To solve the problem of hanging, just rename that file to a new name (like logbook1.bin) and then restart FSX. No more hanging!

Guest samrec

I guess I will try this when I get home later today, in about 9 hours from now. Will keep you guys posted.

Guest simensa

Does FSX freeze for you or is it just hanging? I know that may seem like a subtle difference. When you view the FSX.exe process in Task Manager, does it use a bunch of CPU cycles and yet not get past the splash screen? Mine used to get stuck at 49-50% of the CPU cycles. I assume this was because it got lost trying to read/load my corrupted FSX log file.

Guest samrec

Yeah, mine stays runnun and keeps using 50% cpu and the task manager reports it as not responding, but still using cpu and about 120mb of RAM

Guest EC-ADB

I see that my case is a bit different... I have FSX stoped on the splash screen using 99% CPU and about 100Mb of RAM, not responding of course... :-hmmm :-zhelp