Sign in to follow this  
Guest tucsoncoyote

New CTD Error after just 10 Minutes of Flying

Guest tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote here,I just recently installed FSX on my roomie's computer and already I found a new problem with a CTD after just a few minutes of flying.My Roomie has an AMD 64x2 (Dual Core) 3800+ CPU, with 4 GB of Ram, and an ATI Radeon X1900TX Videocard with 512 Meg of Video Memory, with Latest Drivers installed.After a few minutes of Flying around the Tucson Area, the error that pops up reads as followed..(and included below are the following things I have tried to resolve the issues.The Error Message Reads as thus:Microsoft Flight Sim X:Fsx.exe-Application Error"The Instruction at '0x20c6a07e' referenced memory at '0x08bda234'. The Memory can not be 'read'.Click on OK to terminate the program.Now I have gone through the list of potential problems and have done the following:1. I have re-run the AMD Dual Core Optimizer..(No Effect).2. I've changed the Virtual Memory to allow the computer to let it make the adjustments. (No Effect either way (The original Vitual Memory was set at 2048Mb and then i let the computer adjust the settings (No Effect either way)3. I've even run a Microsoft Memory Diagnostics on the machine to see if there was any 'faulty' memory (none was located.)After doing all this the error keeps popping up when cycling through the views (and this error message usually pops up when going into either spot mode (However this is not due to a "Distant Tower" Crash (as mose of these errors Occur within 10 miles of either KDMA (Davis Monthan), KRYN (Ryan Airfield) or KTUS (Tucson International I've even reset the default settings which give the machine the best performance.So the More I am looking at this, the more the error is suggesting to me that the issue isn't with the processor, or the actual RAM (As this machine has 4 GB of Memory. But the more this happens, the more it points to the Video Card (Even though this is a video card with 512 MB of DDR3 Video Ram, I think maybe the error is due to a "Video Card" error.So any thoughts on what to do? (The Former Roomie is planning to Switch out his video Card (the Radeon X1900TX for a GeForce 7950.but any thoughts whatsoever?Tucsoncoyote--

Guest oiram41

Hi,I dont have a solution for you, but I can tell I've the same video card install on HP E6300 dualcore2 1.86 2G of ram and a 550W PS. Did he changed his PS ? very important, this video card needs lots of juice....Anyway, even with that PS I experiencing CTD, the system reboot, almost each fly, is someone talked to Microsoft staff about CTDs ? I think it is an FSX problem and they have to fix it,,,Thanks

Guest RobbieFSX

Not sure if this will help any but...I had this issue earlier today and after trying numerous adjustments with no results... I seemed to have pinned it down by resetting my pagefile..(Cross fingers)Assuming you know how to access the virtual memory tab, select "No pagefile" and click "set" on all HD's carrying a pagefile. Then click "ok". It should prompt for restart. Restarting the computer my take forever since you have no virtual memory but it should come around to it eventually. When you return, apply your previous pagefile settings before the reset and restart again. Good luck.

Guest baja94

I had a similar problem with 4 GiG of RAM and a GTX 8800 card. I removed two gigs and it helped the problem. No problems since I removed the RAM

Guest tucsoncoyote

Okay here are somethings that have happened since my initial Post.First off the Roomie and I thought it was a video card issue so he bought himself a Geforce 7950 (with the SLI mode on) and tried it, no effect. Next I think we'll try the page file issue first, and barring that he may have to relent and pull out the memory (though he's firmly against it I believe that might be the issue at hand.)but if anyone else has ideas the thing is this: the Problem hasn't gone away and the same error message keeps popping up at the same time (and yes we;ve even gone as far as an uninstall/Reinstall.Also an additional note the person has a Go Flight unit and has just recently updated the new drivers to 1.70 (for FSX) and still the problem persists.. So I'm slowly running out of options and am pulling out my hair on this one. Any other ideas?Tucsoncoyote--