Sign in to follow this  
igorbischi

PC reboot

The following three conditions makes my pc to reboot:1) eaglesoft cirrus sr22 in VC2) bad weather, overcast and rain3) any shift1-shift9 to open 2d-subwindowsWhen I press shift-1...9, any of them, the pc freeze for about 5 second then reboot.I tried everything: direct X update, all possible video card and fsx settings, direct x settings (sound acceleration, ecc.), latest catalyst drivers, omega drivers, etc. etc.Anyone with this problem? Any idea?Igor----My spec:Intel Core 2 Duo E6400MB ABIT AB9SAPPHIRE X1900GT 256MB2X1GB DDR2 Corsair PC5400Hard Disk Hitachi 250GB S-ATA2

Igor Bischi

Guest firehawk44

I think it's a video card driver problem but have you checked your RAM and/or your system performance settings. If your pagefile isn't set to "System Managed", you may not be allocating enough with your own setting. A lot of people (including me) like to tweak performance settings based on "expert" advice in XP books/blogs on the Internet but I've seen more CTD's happening when this setting is changed to anything other than "System Managed".Since the CTD only occurs when running the Eaglesoft SR22, it could be a bad install or corrupted texture file. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the SR22?Best regards,Jim

>I think it's a video card driver problem but have you checked>your RAM and/or your system performance settings. If your>pagefile isn't set to "System Managed", you may not be>allocating enough with your own setting. A lot of people>(including me) like to tweak performance settings based on>"expert" advice in XP books/blogs on the Internet but I've>seen more CTD's happening when this setting is changed to>anything other than "System Managed".>>Since the CTD only occurs when running the Eaglesoft SR22, it>could be a bad install or corrupted texture file. Have you>tried uninstalling/reinstalling the SR22?>>Best regards,>JimThank you Jim,Pagefile is system managed.I did disintalled/reisntalled not only sr22, but FSX as well. Same problem. But in the meanwhile I have discovered something interesting: the only way the PC doesn't crash in the three situations is if I disable dxt3 texture from catalyst control center. As result I have a very very bad (unable to fly) video output. If I remember well SR22 has dxt3 texture, maybe this is not accidental!Igor

Igor Bischi

Problem solved!:By Attray, a radeon vga tweak utility, I set pixel shader ovveride option to version 2.0. No more CDT in fog/rain condition.It really works!

Igor Bischi

Instead of setting the shader version to 2.0 - which did not work on my X1800 - try setting aircraft_reflections to 0 in fsx.cfg.

You are right. For me both solutions are good. Setting aircraft_reflections=0 without disabling shader has the same effect: no reboot. Maybe there is some difference between x1800 and x1900.Thank you.Igor

Igor Bischi

Guest Marlin Manhiem

>Problem solved!:>>By Attray, a radeon vga tweak utility, I set pixel shader>ovveride option to version 2.0. No more CDT in fog/rain>condition.>It really works!Is this what you are talking about? http://www.vonnieda.org/ATTray/

Guest Marlin Manhiem

Alright!!!! Thanks John.But the CCC is already installed. So what do I do? just uninstall then reinstall the new ATI tray? By the the looks of it at first glance, all seems to be the same except for the fact that the CC Center isn't there any more.So how much of a hog is that CCC that I have running? Hummm interesting suggestion.Additional comments would be greatly appricated,ThanksMarlin