Sign in to follow this  
chavins

not exactly a ctd

i have had an intermittent problem with fsx, which occurs perhaps 20-30% of time around 5-10 minutes after taking off. the sim suddenly (and without any prior symptoms) minimizes; that is, the sim disappears and is replaced by the desktop, and the fsx icon is visible on the task bar. i can return to the sim by hitting 'esc' which then gives me the fsx screen where i can choose to resume flying or close down the sim. after the resumption, the flight usually proceeds without any hitches.anyone have any ideas about the cause and how to prevent it?thanks.. steve chavin

Guest rifty

Snap!I have exactly the same issue. I didn't spot the Esc exit, so thanks for that, but I would be happy for anyone who can helpFSX Deluxe on Win XP Media EdtnIntel Core2Duo; 1Gb; ATI Rad X1650 256; onboard sound, latest drivers for cards and chipset, latest DirectX etc. Norton AV and Windows standard Firewall.Its rather frustratingPaul

Guest Marlin Manhiem

Same here, but I got an additional popup. It was an error report with the address of ATI.I had never received this particular message before because I was using the eTrust firewall. But after turning it off and going to the MS firewall this error was what I got.I think this was the reason that I was getting the CTD and a generic error report from MS that said driver error bla bla bla. Great, how many drivers are there? ya ok, thanks for the help MS lol.I found this that might help you all out, ESPECIALLY tip number 2 I think. At least the one about useing another log on profile http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303032/Good luck