Sign in to follow this  
Guest liamkirkham

FSX causes reboot

Guest liamkirkham

Hi there,I have been running FSX for a while but since day 1 have been getting reboots randomly occuring throughout my flying. Okay, so not a CTD as such, but worse.It doesn't seem to happen when I do something specific, but does happen when I do SOMETHING i.e. set flaps, change view, open/close GPS, move control column.Normally the reboot will happen within the first 10-20 minutes of flying, but has been known to happen a good 40mins into a flight.I have updated ALL drivers including BIOS, no difference.After reboot I get an error report containing the following:BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : FF750003 BCP2 : 0000001C BCP3 : 00000000BCP4 : 804F9F4B OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1Which according to the Microsoft site it forwards me to, could be something to do with RAM.I however have run out of ideas and am looking for any help I can get!!Please....Many thanks,Liam

Hi LiamYour not alone, I have been getting the same crashes including reboots, and CTD.I am not sure anyone has the specific answer to this problem, but it appears it affects some and not others.I am running Duo Core GF 7950 Video Card and get these periodic crashes whether I use third party weather, planes or default planes.Hopefully the answer will come shortly.Have a safe one.Kenny G:)

>Hi there,>>I have been running FSX for a while but since day 1 have been>getting reboots randomly occuring throughout my flying. Okay,>so not a CTD as such, but worse.>It doesn't seem to happen when I do something specific, but>does happen when I do SOMETHING i.e. set flaps, change view,>open/close GPS, move control column.>>Normally the reboot will happen within the first 10-20 minutes>of flying, but has been known to happen a good 40mins into a>flight.>>I have updated ALL drivers including BIOS, no difference.>>After reboot I get an error report containing the following:>BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : FF750003 BCP2 : 0000001C >BCP3 : 00000000>BCP4 : 804F9F4B OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product>: 256_1>>Which according to the Microsoft site it forwards me to, could>be something to do with RAM.>>I however have run out of ideas and am looking for any help I>can get!!>>Please....>Many thanks,>LiamHi LiamI just posted a thread above yours indicating that it appears that machines using the Duo Core Processors and XP do not always work well together as you can see from the following Microsoft site:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909944My computer tech. is switching me over to Vista hopefully this will correct the crashing problems and allow FSX to run smoother.Have a good one.Kenny G.

Guest irvsax

I have been having the exact same problem with add-on stuff only. Default planes etc are fine. I think i have established that is something to do with my audio. It seems that the sound is the first to crash and everything else follows. To test this i uninstalled my audio drivers and ran add-on aircraft and it worked fine for over an hour with no problems at all. I have a new machine duo core 6700, 2048 ram, 2x 7950gt in sli, and Xfi audio card. I have the most up to date drivers and have e=ven tried with rolled back drivers to previous versions.... still same problems. I have a tech guy coming from Mesh on monday to change firstly my audio card and secondly my motherboard. I hope this is going to fix it, but i fear its a problem with drivers or FSX itself. . Will post to let ya know if it has solved the problem.... But i would suggest uninstalling audio drivers to see if makes any difference.

Hi AllLike my threads above I was getting crashes and loss of instruments during low visibility with the 2D panel.The day Vista came out I had my tech. install Vista Ultimate and it was the smartest move I have made.No crashes very smooth and fluid, graphics great and FPS slightly higher.I also reported in another thread above, that it appears that FSX being run on the XP O.S. with those who have duo core processors may run into a problem with games.I am not puter literate, but the day after my install I checked the windows updates and it automatically updated my Nvida driver for my GF 7950 video card.Good Luck.Kenny G.

Guest mr beanray

Hi allNew member.I had to tell someone in the flight sim world what I have discovered on my machine that kept rebooting.Two months ago I bought a new mboard,graphics card etc.Ran fairly well but occasional "send report to Microsoft"Tried installing FSX but lots of problems.Finally got to play it ok.Started rebooting at odd times, sometimes even when loading flight.I tried drivers and settings on everything, even reinstalled windows xp.I have now discovered that my two RAM chips (making 1mb)are not matched.Same make and part number, but bought at differant times and very slightly differant layout to the chips.I removed one and straight away no problems whatsoever.Ran FSX for 2 hours last night without a twitch.Hope this helps some people as I have been going mad for two months.