Sign in to follow this  
Guest russhart

Unexpected permanent CTD's with FS9

Guest russhart

Out of the blue when I started to load a new flight I had created, I had a CTD at about 50% of loading textures. Over the last couple of weeks I have tried a number of variations to my setup such as - Deactivated all addon sceneryUninstalled a recent upgrade of MS security patchesChanged virtual drive settingsTried system restore to a date before the CTD occurredRan Filemon (process monitor) with no obvious errorsEvents logs show an event error but no details as Win XP was unable to identify anyRan Memtest86+ for 10 passes - no errorsNothing changed the problem as loading any flight anywhere causes a CTD at approx 50% of loading textures.I can run FSX without any problemI have been running FS9 successfully for years and for about 2 months on a new computer (built so that I could run FSX)I have not installed any other applications in the days before the CTD occurredI have searched all this forum but without any specific options around my situation as most CTD's seem to occur mid-flightWhat now?Has anyone else experienced this problem or do I have to do a complete install and hope that that will fix the problemCheersRussellIntel Duo Core 2 64002GB DDR 2 Ram500GB HDDAsus P5B-E Plus MoboAsus GeForce7950GT 512Mb

It's a real long shot but I started getting CTDs on a system that was previously as steady as a rock. Turned out that on a Windows update they kindly installed IE7. Uninstalled it and everything went back to normal.

Guest russhart

>It's a real long shot but I started getting CTDs on a system>that was previously as steady as a rock. Turned out that on a>Windows update they kindly installed IE7. Uninstalled it and>everything went back to normal.I had read about this but didn't try it as I have had IE7 for some time without causing any problems to FS9. Might try it before I resort to re-install of FS9 though.ThanksRussell

I was experiencing the same problem. What worked for me was going back to FSUIPC ver 3.70. I do believe Peter Dowson released a newer version that was supposed to take care of the random CTD's. I'm happy with v3.70, so I haven't tried the updated one.Hope this helps,ScottKJMS (or thereabouts)

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest russhart

>I was experiencing the same problem. What worked for me was>going back to FSUIPC ver 3.70. I do believe Peter Dowson>released a newer version that was supposed to take care of the>random CTD's. I'm happy with v3.70, so I haven't tried the>updated one.>>Hope this helps,>Scott>KJMS (or thereabouts)Thanks Scott but as mentioned I had removed all addons and the problem still persisted. I even ran MSFS 9.1 in its most basic form as if I had just installed it. So no known software or hardware issues. It is weird???Russell