Sign in to follow this  
Guest jamalabama

CTD after installing new stick of RAM

Guest jamalabama

Hi Everybody,I already posted in the Hardware forum topic #24415. Jim helped me as far as he could but I am still experiencing a problem.After I added another 512MB stick of RAM I started getting CTD with the attached little box popping up. However, FS9( just minimizes to the desktop and I can click to open the window and keep flying. Except my AC textures are gone. I backed up my fs9.cfg and created a new one but the problem persists. I set my PF to system managed size. Its kind of weird because when I hit the pause key a strange noise, which sounds like feedback you get from a microphone when it is too close to speakers, sounds and if I hit pause several times the pitch of the sound changes each time.Also, I started getting an error that says "cache directory error, cached file addon scenery/scenery/afcad-zbaa missing close MSFS and restart it." if I click ok on the box I can still keep flying. All of these problems only started when I installed the RAM. The system deteced the RAM no problem as FS9 is the only program I am having problems with. I vaguely remember seeing something about changing a 0 to a 1 in a CFG file in regard to memory FS uses. But I might be totally wrong. I uninstalled and reinstalled the video card drivers but still get the same error. The sound cuts outs too before the problem starts. Its weird :-SI really think I know more than I actually do about computers but could this be a memory leak?If anyone has had a similar problem or can help shed light on this one I would be very greatful.Jamie.An aussie in Shanghai :)ZSPD, ZSSS, Pudong & Hongqiao in are my local airports.AMD 64+3200 2.0 GhzRAM 1GB VDATA DDR2 667Nvidia 7300 GT 256MBWD 80 GB HD

Guest jamalabama

I seem to have improved the situation slightly! I can now complete a whole flight, all bit it a 2 hour hop, without FS CTD. However, when I pause the simulation I recieve an annoying high pitch sound from my speakers. It is a similar sound to an AMP when you put an electric guitar close to it. When I select a drop down menu while within FS the sound also appears. Apart from that, everything else seems normal. Could it be some kind of conflict between the new stic of RAM and the on board sound card?Anyone?thanks.

Guest jamalabama

Hi,Well this problem has been going for over a month now. I have tried every imaginable thing I could but it still persists. I even uninstalled FS9 and formatted the partition where FS9 was installed and the problem is still there :( I am going nuts without my flightsim. I have attached the little pop up error box that I get. I get a static and popping from the speakers the sound cuts in and out and then boom CTD. I can still use FS but the AC textures are gone and the whole AC is back to its Grey base color :-S I just dont know what happened. I have never had this kind of problem before. I thought it was the new RAM but I took it out and still get the same problem.Any Any Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks,Jamie.AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 Ghz 1.0 GB RamNvidia GeForce 7300GT 256RAM