Sign in to follow this  
Guest gregul

msvcr80.dll crash after SP1

Guest Pilot533

Look at my system, are you telling me I need to get better hardware? LOL. Come ON. Im sure that better hardware crap is just some bs that micro$oft game$ $tudio$ puts out to try and calm us all down. The fact is, that its complete BS. Im getting msvcr80 crahses also, Im going to try the display.cfg workaround, maybe then things will work out.

Guest bazil

I've basically stopped using FSX. Why the #### should I have to go through a load of nonsense with 3rd party software to help make a program stable and useable!? Until Microsft actually sort the problem out, I'm leaving this uninstalled. What a waste of money, up yours MS!

Guest mdavis

It has been a couple of weeks now and nary a crash. I am working on an around the world route using the default 737-800. I am still getting those short "loading" screen pauses, but no CTDs. I did bump my cloud settings to the max (what else is there to see at FL380?) with maximum draw distance, 3D and maximum density. I also noticed when I increased the cloud density that the loading screen duration increased a bit. This would suggest that perhaps the cloud bitmaps are causing a loading pause, so I'll disable the ActiveSkyX for a flight and see if that helps. I'm still puzzled by the big furballs of AI aircraft that appear on occasion, although I've seen none up in the North Atlantic (now in Scotland) where I'm flying now.Is anyone using an older nVidia card (FX5900 Ultra for example) with the latest nVidia drivers? I'll probably try them again now that my CTDs have stopped. I'm not seeing any gripes from the new drivers.

Guest Pilot533

WOW, just got another crash on descent.... I dont think I'll ever forgive you for this ACE$. This just plain sucks. Ive tried the display.cfg tweak, thought it had worked, and now this.

Guest RichardL

Add me to the CTD list. Happens with a new system build and fresh installs of FSX/SP1/SP2/Vista 64. No tweaks other than disabling red brake, stall, pause, etc messages. System is:ASUS P5EQ66004GB Crucial PC8500 1066 2x hard drives, one for OS and one for FSXBFG 8800 GT with latest nvidia driversI see similar CTDs are reported above. Black screen, reloading of texture files, etc. Sometimes this happen within a minute or two of launching FSX or after an hour of flying.So far I have seen CTDs from:ntdll.dllsimconnect.dllapi.dllmsvcr80.dllterrain.dllWhat's so disappointing is this new system replaced a dated Athlon XP3000 processor. Even though the sliders were mostly to the right, I had no CTDs. The new system can give me great performance in relation the slider being mostly to the left. Only problem, I can never get an enjoyable flight for the CTDs. I may try moving the sliders to the right and see if that affects the CTD's.Richard

Guest mdavis

I'm certainly no expert, but I seem to have eliminated my CTDs. Surfing the Microsoft web site, there are some suggestions about replacing a file in the .NET Framework 2.0 folder. Also, I had a series of 4-5 CTDs that didn't get sent into Microsoft because of my Zone Alarm Pro firewall. Then during one session, I turned Zone Alarm off and let them go through, all 5 of them. The very next time I booted FSX, I began getting a pause during my flights where the "Loading air, ground and water traffic" window pops up, the whole sim pauses, then proceeds normally. This window now appears every couple of minutes, depending on the scenery density. I also noticed that after my sending the CTD info to MS, my FSUIPC4 had been uninstalled (or at least it didn't appear in the menu bar). Re-installed FSUIPC4 and no CTDs since then. Did MS do something as a download? Don't know.Only problem I'm having now is the text in my menu bar and ATC window is seen as a multi-colored block with no letters when I'm on the ground at a high density airport. I think this is a combination of my using only 256 megs in my old FX5900 Ultra card, and the fact that I am running a lot of terrain mesh with high settings.

Guest RichardL

I just read another post about disabling a few function in BIOS that helped the poster. Those did nothing for me.Now, each time I launch FSX for free flight, the screen appears with the aircraft on the runway, then FSX instantly minimizes to the task bar and all I see it the desktop. From there I have tried numerous ESCs, ATL+Tabs, to get FSX to maximize. Nothing. FSX just sits in the taskbar.All this on a new system with the latest and greatest (?) OS, Vista64. I did was has been recommended to get the best out of FSX, use a new powerful system, and I get nothing but a desktop view.