Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ramrod

Never had CTD before BUT now have Atc.dll Ctd Ple...

Guest Ramrod

Ive never had a problem with FS2004 that Ive never been able to fiqure out with the help of reading messages but I now stumped. I installed fs2004 when it first came out and never have to reinstall it, been stable all along. Untill the last week in March ive been getting ATC.DLL black screen crashes when I tuned Comm1 to ATIS 119.65 (KATL ATIS) the first time was a return to KATL from newly installed KSTL scenery. I thought i installed some KSTL scenery wrong to I deleted it but still have crashes.After reboot I than flew back to KATL with no problems.Next flight was to KDFW from KATL. Trip out was fine, after I reloaded my flight plan I departed and when I was 80-100 miles from KATL tuned Comm1 to 119.65 and black screen again with ATC.DLL as the problem. OK so I deleted all KSTL and DFW AFcads and scenery thinking one of those was the problem because they where the last two scenerys i installed before my troubles began and I uninstalled a B200 airplane and panel i install a few days before the first crash and hes not the offending file either .I started testing the Comm1 ctd theroy and found out a reproduceable CTD using Comm1 119.65 just pasted HUBIE fix NW of KATL which is close the the 60 miles ATIS range.Sometimes the crash would be delayed and two times I tuned to 119.65 and got a ATIS report from a small grass strip in TN and the other time the airport was an AAF in northern Alabama BUT heres the funny thing neither airports has an ATIS freq assigned to it..?????? So thats when I started reading forums and thats when i upgraded to the newest version of FSIUPC and added the RemoveATC=Yes line and the area I could reproduce the crash about 60 miles NW of ATL no longer crashed. Thought I had it licked. But I was so wrong. I flew to KBos tuned to ATIS 135.00 more than 80 miles from Bos and NO CRASH. Smiles where all over my face and landing and parked at Kbos with no problems. Next day I Filed for KPQI a small airstrip in Northern Maine.Evenything went fine. Refiled FP took off about 10 min in the air tuned Comm1 to KBOS 135.00 stepped away to get a drink and when I got back SAME OLD ATC.DLL Crash. RATS i thought I had it. OK so back to testing I was thinking it had something to do with landing and changing FP without restarting FS and that caused this last crash so I redid flight From KBOS-KPQI and the second my wheels touched the runway when landing at KPQI it crashed with the same error.?????? I need help now.Sorry for the book just trying to give as much info as I canUsing NO mesh.Many AI planesUsing FSpassengers (Crashes even when not being used)No dup AfcadsASV6.5Default Flight plannerBeen stable right up the end of March and Ive logged over 100 flights and over 10000 miles using FsPass from The Bahamas to Alaska Northern Maine the Los Angles all with no problems till now.Humbling bowing head the FS Gurus help.

The RemoveATC option in FSUIPC only works with the registered (payware) version of the utility.That said, that option is normally used to kill the ATC when using an external program like Radar Contact for ATC. I use Radar Contact 4...and have no problems with ATC.DLL crashes.This could also have something to do with what freq COM2 is set to instead of COM1. When I start to see weird errors in FS, I generally start by loading a default aircraft like the C-172 at the default KSEA, then exit the sim and restart. This resets a slew of internal variables and writes them to the last flight situation.And, as a final thought, a quick memory test with a program like MEMTEST 86+ might be a good thing...modules tend to load at the same address range on a particular computer configuration, and a bad RAM address that happens to be within the address range where ATC.DLL is loaded could do this as well.Good luck.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi,1. If you have been flying with an addon plane, fly the routes with a default aircraft.If fixed, try your various planes until you find the one that causes the crash.2. Deactivate all addon scenery (including the Addon Scenery layer) in the Scenery Library.Try it then. If fixed, activate the layers one at a time and see if the crash comes back.3. Remove all addon DLL files (later date than the default files)from the Modules folder.If fixed, add them back one by one until the crash comes back.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest PARADISE

What's the deal with flying into KATL in FS9 anyway? It seems that there is some kind of internal fault in FS9 that causes strange behavior when flying in and out of KATL. By reading posts of the past on this it seems more than a normal amount of simmers have had CTD's, other,like myself, have been dropped by ATC for no reason when flying IFR into KATL. This is even with an out of the box FS9 (update 9.1 installed) and default scenery and airplanes only. It appears to happen on a random basis. Anyone else notice this?John M

Guest Ramrod

Little update here. I forgot after all that I remembered above that I was even getting a OUT OF MEMORY error a week or so before I started getting the ATC.DLL or Unknown.DLL crashes and through reading here that was an AFCAD or scenery problem right? So after I deleted any remnents of the SLC scenery I installed I stopped getting the OUT of MEMORY errors. Oh you know when you install new scenery or afcad the next time you start fs you get the Generating new scenery files message , well i was getting that even though I didnt install anything new???? Clean boot also.OK I have 2 hard drives and last summer i copyed FS2004 over to my D: for a backup for just in case of emergency like now. Well I double clicked the .exe from my old copy and just tryed to reproduce the crash 60 miles NW KATL and it did and the same ATC.DLL or Unknown.DLL will show up!! The only thing still connecting the two versions is the Fs9.cfg in Doc and settings on the c: drive right?? Can that be where my problem is???Before my current crisis I have not had any problems flying in and out of KATL. Default scenery with an updated Afcad for AI. Sorry to here you have problems with KATL.Any ideas Thanks in advance.

Guest flacwby7

There was some discussion in another forum and it happened to me several times. When your departure ATIS freq. is used again at the arrvial (either for ATIS or one of the controller freq) a CTD has occured. So if one were to fly KATL - KSTL - KATL without restarting FS9 a CTD will occur when you return to KATL if you tune ATIS. I was encountering the CTD when my departure and arrival airports shared the same frequency for ATIS (KSEA & KSFO for example). To fix this (I use RC4 so I don't know if default FS ATC can be done this way) I just change the frequency of my arrival aiport ATIS and WHALAA (sp?) ended the CTD's (at least those associated with ATC.dll).Bobby