Sign in to follow this  
Guest speecal

Need HELP...fs9 is now crashing to desktop..why????

Guest speecal

Please excuse this long winded question but I'm at my wits end and am really thinking of uninstalling fs9 and giving up on my favorite thing to do...flying with fs9...anyway...a little history...up until a few weeks ago I was happily flying around the fs9 world in the USA...absolutely no problems...then I discovered the new Flight One sofware called Instant Scenery...it was great..installed several scenery objects to the Las Vegas area airports including KLAS...now after a few weeks I've uninstalled Instant Scenery because for some reason..after flying about 15 to 20 minutes.. fs9 would simply stop and I'd see my desk top with no messages....or....the screen would go completely black and after a minute or so I'd recieve that wonderful message window saying micosoft had to shut-down the program and A FATAL ERROR OCCURRED...love getting those messages...basically..here is the messageFatal Error OccurredApp Name: fsp.exe App Ver 9.0.0.30612Mod Name: ntdll.dllMod Ver: 5.1.2600.2180Off set: 00011e58A note at the bottom of the window also stated:These files will also be sent with the report to Microsoft:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9fs9.cfg.txt " " " " " " fs9dxdiag.xml" " " " " " fs9scenery.cfgDoes this make sense to anybody out there???I mean all I want to do is fly with fs9 and I'm getting so sick of these errors coming up..it's just not worth the effort...I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this...by the way I have uninstalled and reinstalled fs9 and still get the Fatal error messages... and I'm not even sure if Instant Scenery is the cause for this error...thanks to all for any help

I wish I could help you but I don't know the answer. Just try to figgure out every thing that has chanded or added since you were LAST flying good. Hope you find your answer. jerrycwo4

Did you remove the objects you created before you uninstalled the Instant Scenery program? FS9 is notorious for CTD's if texture files become corrupt. If you don't have a lot of add on software in FS9, just uninstall any commercial or freeware add-ons, the 9.1 patch and then FS9, in that order. Then delete any Flight Simulator 9 folders left over in the Program Files/Microsoft Games directory in Windows Explorer, reboot and reinstall it clean. If you do reinstall FS9, be sure to search Microsoft's site for the 9.1 patch if you don't have a copy. It can be hard to find since Microsoft tends to hide support for older software.If you really search Microsoft's support site, you can find also find a support article that tells you how to manually remove all traces of FS9 from your computer, even the registry, for a really clean uninstall.Kim

Guest wji

I can't comment specifically on this error as I've never experienced it. I have, however, experienced many C2D in FS9 until I stopped using the FS9 logbook. My procedure to restore FS2004 after a C2D was to delete the fs9.cfg file (located here: C:Documents and SettingsUsernameApplicationDataMicrosoftFS9FS9.CFG)When FS9 is restarted, it will create a new fs9.cfg and it takes about another four-minutes to reset your former settings (which were deleted with the fs9.cfg file).[/font size]P.S. I had over twenty crashes-2-desktop in FS9 while using the Logbook. I have not had one since NOT using the FS9 Logbook. Now, is someone going to tell me it was NOT the Logbook causing the c2d?)

Guest LeeWang

I use the FS9 Logbook all the time and have never had a CTD as a result of the logbook. That said, while CTD's happen for some people using certain features of FS9, for others, they don't. So anything is worth trying.The bottom line is to get you're CTD fixed.The only time I had CTD's was when I installed FSUIPC 3.71.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=174&page=2To this day, I still use FSUIPC 3.70.I don't think FSUIPC is your problem however, but most likely a file in Windows got hosed... My suggestion, after exhausting all suggestions, you might try reloading Windows.The ntdll.dll file is a file created by Microsoft that has a description of "NT Layer DLL" and is the file that contains NT kernel functions. This file is required by Windows and deleting it will cause errors with Windows.Good luck, and let us know how you make out.Lee

Guest speecal

Thanks to all of you for you help. I knew I could count on some great people out there for help...I will try your suggestions and keep you posted...thanks again

Guest PARADISE

Do you still have a 'restore point' in XP to a time before you started changing the scenery files that you can go to?Did you try the 'check/fix files for errors' in XP from My Computer?Is anything else in Windows corrupt or not working properly? If so, clean uninstall FS and run the Windows repair CD, if you have it.Anytime I've had CTD's with FS, luckily not too many, any one or combination of the above three always seemed to resolve the problem for me.John MI'm assuming you've defragged....if not,try that first

Guest speecal

I've done everything all of you suggested from my posted message"fs9 is now crashing to desktop..why" ...now when I try and start fs9...it loads..after I choose the aircraft and location to start and hit "the Fly Now" key....fs9 starts to load....then quits to the desktop...with no messages...simply quits...thanks for all your help but I'm done with this...all I want to do is fly and because of some stupid mistake I've made adding something or other fs9 will no longer work...it's just not worth the effort to keep this program running properly...thanks again...good luck to all

You've proberly uninstalled some World textures. You must copy them back from your CD4 and install them in them SceneryWorldTexture folder. When FS9 starts up and can not find these texture it will close.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest LeeWang

Have you checked Windows "event viewer" after the CTD happen? What is the error log under application say?To review the event viewer, click start, run, and type: eventvwr then press ok. Lee

Uninstall, delete the folder and reinstall - simple

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've had my fair share of differernt CTD problems and the main causes seem to be:either corrupt/missing textures - crash is g2d.dll or g3d.dllbadly located landclass files - Memory bleedduplicate afcads - memory bleed or dump to desktop with no error shown Depending on where the crashes occur you can sometimes (but not always) find the culprit with a little testing.Now, I noticed that in this case the failing module was cited as ntdll.dll. The only time I ever saw this module crashing was when I had a bad stick of memory in my machine so it might be worth running memcheck...Geoff

Guest flacwby7

Pete did find some issues with 3.71. Not within FSUIPC itself but this version exploited some FS9 issues. He now has 3.74 which after upgrading has fixed the CTD issues. Now these CTD issues were only those caused by using 3.71, not any other issues. I had tons & tons of CTD's on 3.71 even thought about going back to 3.70 but when Pete announced he had fixed these issues with 3.74 (they were actually fixed in 3.719c but 3.74 is now even a newer version) I gave it a try and not a problem since. I did have some CTD's due to other reasons later, but I encourage EVERYONE to make sure you're either using 3.70 or 3.74 (I prefer the later version) but not 3.71.