Sign in to follow this  
Guest scoeva

CTD's when using Ultimate Terrain

Guest scoeva

Hello all,I have finally figured out the cause of my CTD's, Ultimate Terrain Canada/Alaska. After I uninstalled U.T., no more CTD's. Mind you this was not happening everywhere, but it seemed to happen in certain areas only.I would never get an error message, but after checking event viewer, the message says 'The description for event ID(0)in source ( )cannot be found'. Is there something I need to do with my scenery priority levels or are there any fixes that I may not be aware of? Thanks in advance,Scott

Guest wji

" . . . or are there any fixes that I may not be aware of?Roger that . . . FS9.1 patchI've used FS9 UT for over two-years without incident.

Guest SKireyev

I have had OOM errors with UT, as well as another user here. No more UT, no more errors.

Scott,You might take this issue to the UT forum here:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19I'd bet they've got some answers.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest scoeva

I already have the FS9.1 patch installed. Should it be installed before or after installing UT, or does it matter? If not, should I try uninstalling the patch and then reinstalling?Thanks,Scott

Guest scoeva

Thanks Kurt,I'll give that a shot as well.Scott

Do you have QLRP4UT installed? If so, you may want to try running UT without QLRP4UT and see if that makes any difference.

Guest scoeva

Brandon,To be honest I haven't got a clue what QLRP4UT is. What is it and where might I find it? Thanks in advance for your help.Scott

QLRP4UT is a shareware add-on which many feel is a must-have for UT. It repositions many of the default FS objects for compatibility with UT. Available at http://www.qlrp4ut.com/. Personally, I thought it might have been causing some CTDs so I uninstalled it. Many people are very happy with it so you'll have to judge for yourself.