Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sinnerman49

To Mr. Taylor and the ACES Team (Not a rant!)

Guest Sinnerman49

Mr. Phil Taylor + ACES Team... Just curious if I can get a "YES" or "NO" regarding whether or not ACES is working on the CTD Errors regarding MSVCR80.DLL and the relationship between FSX and nVidia 7800(?) series cards. In a few threads below this one, a few of us have listed some common factors in these CTD, hopefully ruling out the idea that they are an isolated, system specific problem. I get a bit of a chill thinking that MS is focusing on the up-coming expansion pack, and leaving us with REAL issues on the side. - In fact, I'm not even asking for any kind of detailed status update, just some sort of reassurance that if I wait long enough, this issue will be resolved. A simple yes or no will suffice.Thanks for your time!

CTD - what common factors are you referring to?nv 7 series issues have been reported to nVidia. Aces is waiting to hear on those issues just like you are.

Guest Sinnerman49

Wow, very fast response, thank you.The common factors are:Crashes site the MSVCR80.DLL (Why?)Crashes are less frequent with less AA (Why?)Crashes happen upon re-entering a complex VC (And do not happen unless views are changed...) (Why?)If it seems like the issue is exclusively on nVidia's side (?), I'm fearful all hope is lost =(

No add-ons? If add-ons, is the VS 2005 SP1 redist installed? Is this related to the OOM issues on Vista? Are CTDs reduced when using the /3G fix? I ask because AA uses more memory, the higher the AA level the more memory. Same with more complex VCs. So this might be related to memory usage.The graphics issue with the 7 series is indeed on nVidias side at the moment.

Guest Sinnerman49

>No add-ons? If add-ons, is the VS 2005 SP1 redist installed?>Is this related to the OOM issues on Vista? Are CTDs reduced>when using the /3G fix? I ask because AA uses more memory, the>higher the AA level the more memory. Same with more complex>VCs. So this might be related to memory usage.>>The graphics issue with the 7 series is indeed on nVidias side>at the moment.Yes with Addons, although that doesn't seem to affect it (crashes in default airbus) (Addons usually have higher complexity VC's)VS 2005 SP1 Redist is installed.Never had an OOM issue, and not using Vista (Have 2GB memory)Never heard of the /3G fix. Thanks for the replies.

Guest sayaret

I have Nvidia 6600 too and msvcr80 ctd happens ONLY when ATC window is opened in vc. I have aa off.So it looks that for GF7 series ctd is when cycling view and for GF6 when opening ATC. But in both cases it involves VC.I have fresh FSX + SP1 with no addons