Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

CTD when changing views

Well, this is strange. When I use a 3rd party aircraft, doesn't seem to matter which ones, I often get a frozen screen and CTD when getting back into the VC. This does not seem to happen with the stock AC and seems not to happen if I run in windowed mode. For some reason, turning down the scenery settings seems also to have a positive effect. I am not sure what is happening here. I reinstalled vanilla FSX and SP1 but it still happens. Tried different video drivers for my 7800 GT. Defragged, etc. Still happens...only in 3rd party AC.Anyone else heard of this problem or have any ideas what to try?Running Windows XP 32bit on an AMD Opteron dual core.

Many have this experience with FSX, I regret to say. Many people are awaiting further updates of software to resolve what is an annoying experience. Sorry not to be able to suggest a solution but, as yet, there does not seem to be one at hand.Simon (YSSY)

Guest anders9154

Hope the problem can be solved soon, it is very disgusting.I have the problem when I am playing with Wilco's 777 and Airbus vol.1 and CLS A340-500/600.

Guest CargoMun

I'm having the CTD (msvcr80.dll) crash problem even when flying in default aircraft such as the Cessna and changing views or opening ATC after couple minutes flight. Very dissapointing this..Have tried every imaginable setting in the display settings, also on/off'ed AA/AF in nVidia settings still no joy..

Guest anders9154

Is it cause by the display card? I am using 7600GT.

Add me to the list. I have tried darn near everything except for a complete wipe and install. It only started a month or so ago. I use the 7900GS.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest DC-9

It started for me after installing FEX. Is anyone else running that? Did any of you have it start after installing it?

Guest Helo53

Same problem here. Driving me crazy. I also have 7800GTX, Athlon 4000, XP Pro. Very frustrating not being able to use Level D 767, Super 80 etc...

I tried raising this issue with Phil Taylor (of ACES team) via email. However, no response. I imagine that he and his colleagues are focusing on more fundamental issues (or perhaps still checking out to see if this is an nvidia issue ... quite a few of the people reporting this CTD have an nvidia 7800 gtx). Either way, I agree that it is most frustrating to have only restricted use of FSX - especially in relation to addons like LevelD 767. I live in hope that someone will sort this out and let us know of the cause/remedy.Simon (YSSY)

This CTD error (msvcr80.dll error) seems to plague Nvidia's Geforce 7 series, I used to have a 7600GT and FSX crashes every single time when I'm in a busy area and switching back to the 2D cockpit/VC. :-8 I now have a 8800 GTS and all the CTDs are gone. :-)

Guest Helo53

Maybe this will help someone else... Updated the following for my asus a8n-sli deluxe - bios ver. 1016 (12-01-2005)& nvidia chipset driver ver. 6.65. Just downloaded & installed latest video driver for my 7800gtx ver. 163.71. Fired up FSX & flew leveld 767 for 45 mins. switching views many times & it ran fine! Hope it lasts!!!

Guest supervc10

I'm having CTDs in all types of aircraft, default and third party. It started a few weeks ago, with no reason. I hadn't done anything to it, but I think that Microsoft installed a windows update.....I've tried uninstalling FSX and reinstalling, 100% fresh, but this still happens. I've got an NVidia card aswell, apparently a Quadro NVS 110M, whatever that means. FSX was perfectly stable before that, except when I had screwed up my AI traffic and put in the wrong SIM line or something, which also results in a CTD. Is it just me, or is FSX extreamly unstable? I can't remember having issues with FS8 or FS9.....

Guest zauselbart

>This CTD error (msvcr80.dll error) seems to plague Nvidia's>Geforce 7 series.I have 6800GT and got msvcr80.dll-CTDs too.>>I now have a 8800 GTS and all the CTDs are gone. :-)Lucky you, I will never trust nvidia+FSX again.Boris (LOXZ)

>Maybe this will help someone else... Updated the following>for my asus a8n-sli deluxe - bios ver. 1016 (12-01-2005)&>nvidia chipset driver ver. 6.65. Just downloaded & installed>latest video driver for my 7800gtx ver. 163.71. Fired up FSX &>flew leveld 767 for 45 mins. switching views many times & it>ran fine! Hope it lasts!!!Hi Heloust wondering how you went about updating bios and nvidia chipset driver for a8n-sli deluxe. Can you direct me to a 'how to' page please?ThanksSimon (YSSY)